Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #9,499 of 23,494
Decided to try more PCC88s from different factories so I made an offer on these http://www.ebay.com/itm/322031609190 and it was accepted. The same seller has a lot more of these for higher prices some are even pinched waisted. Anyway once they get here I want to see if they sound as good as their red valvo Heerlen E88CC '59 brother. From the pictures these look to be Heerlen PCC88 '58.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9,501 of 23,494
Does anyone have experience with the Mullard E188CC paired with a Lyr-2 and HD800s? 
I kinda have to choose between the Mullard E188CC or the Telefunken E188CC.I've read somewhere that the Telefunken's are kinda bright sounded. It might be not a good match with the Sennheiser. The Mullards are warmer in the low and middle-region. 
The Siemens CCA did also catch my eye but it seems that only the version with orange/blue (package) are good. And on ebay I only see the ones with orange/blue/white or blue/white package.

Could someone explain me the mA part btw. People say that 15mA is 100%, while some tubes are having 21/22mA as testresult. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #9,502 of 23,494
Telefunken e188cc are not bright imo, got 2 sets of those. Stay away from Tesla if you do not want bright, my set gives me headaches after a while. As i mentioned before German tubes are pretty neutral sounding, if you want warm give UK and or Holland tubes a try.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #9,503 of 23,494
Snagged this bad boy from the local guy for $30, I wish he had 2 so bad.

Says 65.17

as3yefW.jpg

wuTJr3Y.jpg

JzXgf3N.jpg

HGRWmko.jpg

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #9,504 of 23,494
I have a NOS pair of 1965 American made Amperex 7308 (E188CC) PQ shield, white labels that I'd sell if anyone on this thread is interested.  I got them from a trusted Head-Fi friend here and he said they were NOS...I don't have a tester myself so I can't verify.  I can verify that I've barely used them.  The printing on the tubes is pristine.  I have the original boxes as well.   I'd sell them for $129 + $12 for USPS Priority shipping.  I'd eat the Paypal fee.  Ship to USA only.
PM me if interested.  There for a long while on the old Schiit Lyr Tube Rolling thread these were the hot tubes.
The American mades are very detailed and "live" sounding to me.  I'll post a picture this weekend.

*** S O L D ***

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #9,506 of 23,494
Shame i did not see this sooner bro, i would have offered my pair of Teslas in trade that you like so much. lol.

LMAO...you know what they say TK, you snooze, you lose.  But don't despair.  Thurston X will pay top dollar for 
any Tesla, the screeeechier the better.  He can't horde enough of those things.  Play your cards right and he might
throw in a free palm reading with any deal you guys strike.  You can thank me later.

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #9,507 of 23,494

LMAO...you know what they say TK, you snooze, you lose.  But don't despair.  Thurston X will pay top dollar for 
any Tesla, the screeeechier the better.  He can't horde enough of those things.  Play your cards right and he might
throw in a free palm reading with any deal you guys strike.  You can thank me later.

I have a NICE pair of Teslas!! PM me Thurston...I need to take my wife out for a nice dinner. 
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #9,508 of 23,494

CIA actually used Tesla tubes as a means of torture, they eventually moved to a more humane waterboarding after so many brains burst.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #9,509 of 23,494
CIA actually used Tesla tubes as a means of torture, they eventually moved to a more humane waterboarding after so many brains burst.

Seriously if you need to tear off a veil or two (or ten), I understand that the Teslas might just be the way to go.
Tesla - the Goof-Off of Tubes.
(Hey all you Tesla lovers, I'm just having fun.  I've heard a pair of T's exactly once...and then I told my captor EVERYTHING.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back