Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Mar 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #8,522 of 23,494
If anyone is interested.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/800408/valvo-cca-yellow-print-for-lyr-valhalla

I would take em but take too long to get the money in my paypal, several business days. Think I got 7 cents in there right now.

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #8,523 of 23,494
Sorry. They'll be in the bank. Can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about. My white ones never did it for me . Really good but not as good as the nyuk nyuks. My red ones are considerably better. Even better than my e188cc mini-watt Philips (which are great). Competed with the HGs before they went south. Anyway, he'll have 1st dibs if I decide to give them up. Next year.:grin:

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #8,524 of 23,494
LOL
:beerchug:
Sorry. They'll be in the bank. Can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about. My white ones never did it for me . Really good but not as good as the nyuk nyuks. My red ones are considerably better. Even better than my e188cc mini-watt Philips (which are great). Competed with the HGs before they went south. Anyway, he'll have 1st dibs if I decide to give them up. Next year.:grin:

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #8,525 of 23,494
So I finally jumped into the Lyr 2 bandwagon to source my HE-560 which I find a tad bit analytical. In my excitement, I also ordered a pair of tubes but apparently didn't read the codes all that well. I ended up getting a matched pair of these:

http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/6H23n-EB-6922

After searching this thread, I saw very few mentions of the EB/EV variant. Did I screw up? Has anyone tried this?

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #8,526 of 23,494
I got a second set of the reflektor SWGP silver shields 1974 coming in from the ukraine probably tomorrow for the same price, I think you could do a lot better for what your paying for those tubes, I`m very new to the lyr 2 but I think those tubes will work on that amp, unless I`m remembering wrong. Somebody more experienced will chime in with a more definitive answer.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #8,527 of 23,494
I got a second set of the reflektor SWGP silver shields 1974 coming in from the ukraine probably tomorrow for the same price, I think you could do a lot better for what your paying for those tubes, I`m very new to the lyr 2 but I think those tubes will work on that amp, unless I`m remembering wrong. Somebody more experienced will chime in with a more definitive answer.

Compatibility, at least, shouldn't be an issue. It's listed over at the compatibility thread. I'm more concerned about the sound quality. They have good reviews over at the store but I'm guessing they don't compare to the 70's Reflectors? Should they still be significantly better than stock, though?

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #8,530 of 23,494
Compatibility, at least, shouldn't be an issue. It's listed over at the compatibility thread. I'm more concerned about the sound quality. They have good reviews over at the store but I'm guessing they don't compare to the 70's Reflectors? Should they still be significantly better than stock, though?

Probably a good step up from stock. The tubes I ordered Feb 2nd and they still didn't get here yet. Opened a case with eBay and they were found a few days later. The 2 sets of mullards add some excellent bass in the he 560. Kind of hoping they weren't found as I ordered a second pair after the 1st was mia.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #8,531 of 23,494
If they're true 74 SWPG silver reflektors. They're the second best tube of the 6n23p lot. Some actually prefer them to the 75 HG's. If the specs are good , and they're actually matched well. I think he'll be very impressed by the SQ.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #8,532 of 23,494
6n23p? You're fine.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #8,533 of 23,494
If they're true 74 SWPG silver reflektors. They're the second best tube of the 6n23p lot. Some actually prefer them to the 75 HG's. If the specs are good , and they're actually matched well. I think he'll be very impressed by the SQ.

But the store lists them without as the 6H23P-EB (6N23P-EV) so I don't think they're the same right? I think the EB designation is for military use? There's also no year listed on the store page and I have no clue how to identify tubes since I'm just about to start on my tube journey. :) At the very least, I ordered them with triode matching and matched pairing so, hopefully, they should do relatively well.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #8,534 of 23,494
  But the store lists them without as the 6H23P-EB (6N23P-EV) so I don't think they're the same right? I think the EB designation is for military use? There's also no year listed on the store page and I have no clue how to identify tubes since I'm just about to start on my tube journey. :) At the very least, I ordered them with triode matching and matched pairing so, hopefully, they should do relatively well.

You'll be fine.  The Russians used a couple three different suffixes to designate... what?  Tested for military use (I think you're right about -EV).  I think another suffix is -VI.  Regardless, the base designation of the tube type is 6N23P (non-Cyrillic alphabet), which is what matters.

Burn 'em in and enjoy.  Many people think Russian tubes can take up to 200 hours to fully burn in.  I reckon you'll hear them change as they go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back