Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jun 24, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #7,036 of 23,494
Hola folks. Sad to see this thread non- existent anymore.

Cheers friends

Without you its just not the same...

Get well soon.

Cheers

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7,038 of 23,494
Hi all I have been using my Yggdrasil and lyr2 to drive my HE1K'S . The best tube, to get the best out of the HE1K was the NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum; however the gold lions do a really good job at making the HE1K sing. The gold lions ad a bit more bass without bleeding into the mids. With these tubes,I can scratch my need for bass, without sacrificing any of the great natural, effortless sound signature of the HE1K.

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #7,039 of 23,494
I'm back!

I've been missing that sweet sweet HG sound!

In the latest news don't sell your equipment to people with no reviews... 

after about a month of dealing with a guy who wanted to return my LCD's due to some scratches we finally came to an agreement. picked up a modi uber and a lyr 2 and am back in business!

got some bugle boys otw but luckily still had my HG's 

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #7,040 of 23,494
Glad to hear all is well

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #7,042 of 23,494
Hangin in there man. 4 more weeks of pins and rods , then therapy. I was fortunate to keep my rig. So all I've been doing is jammin tunes and sleeping coz meds. Lol
I miss all you folks! This is the greatest thread on this forum. I've been fortunate to meet all of you! Thanks for all the kind words!

Cheers
Sam

Hey Sam
How are you healing? Well I hope! Hang in there and you'll be rolling in no time!
Eric

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #7,043 of 23,494
Hangin in there man. 4 more weeks of pins and rods , then therapy. I was fortunate to keep my rig. So all I've been doing is jammin tunes and sleeping coz meds. Lol
I miss all you folks! This is the greatest thread on this forum. I've been fortunate to meet all of you! Thanks for all the kind words!

Cheers
Sam

Glad to hear you kept your rig! And I'm glad to have met you too!. All that down time without your rig would have been a shame.

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #7,044 of 23,494
Having just read every line of this thread I can say I have just bought a Lyr2 and the PS Audio DL III with Cullen Stage 4 mods.  I am going to pair this up with a Audio Technica W5000 and find the tues I need to make them sing. In a few months I am going to buy the L3000 if all works out.   I have already read all the posts in the tube roller thread so here we go.  Just wanted to say if I ask a stupid question it is just beginners luck. LOL

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #7,045 of 23,494
  Having just read every line of this thread I can say I have just bought a Lyr2 and the PS Audio DL III with Cullen Stage 4 mods.  I am going to pair this up with a Audio Technica W5000 and find the tues I need to make them sing. In a few months I am going to buy the L3000 if all works out.   I have already read all the posts in the tube roller thread so here we go.  Just wanted to say if I ask a stupid question it is just beginners luck. LOL

Congrats, not just on the Lyr 2, but making it through the entire thread!  Did you read the original Lyr rollers thread?  It's even longer, and is quite amusing at times, not to mention informative.

We've all been there - nobody was born with a Lyr
wink.gif
 - so ask away.  It's been quiet lately, but people do follow it, and are sure to offer up advice and opinions.  Just mind the Rabbit Hole.  As you've no doubt gleaned and seen, it can be easy to take that tumble.  Personally, I love my Glass Menagerie 
biggrin.gif

Having a Lyr 2, you should definitely check out the compatibility thread when looking for tubes.

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7,047 of 23,494
Everyone ready for the compatible SS "tubes" that turn Lyr 2 into a SS amp?
Should be sweet! Lyr 2 The ultimate chameleon amp!

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #7,048 of 23,494
Everyone ready for the compatible SS "tubes" that turn Lyr 2 into a SS amp?
Should be sweet! Lyr 2 The ultimate chameleon amp!

I know it's been legalized out there, but what are you smokin'?! 
eek.gif

wink.gif
 + 
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #7,050 of 23,494
What are your favorite Lyr/Lyr 2 tubes for LCD-2s headphones right now?

I've been listening to my LCD-2.2 with GE stock tubes for quite a long time (1.5 years) and they were fine, but since I upgraded to the Russian HGs (1975 reflektor silver SWPG) a few months ago, I am even more delighted! I get more natural sound, more details, better bass and slightly better soundstage and air. The tubes made a clear difference!

I am wondering what other tubes would be a good match for LCD-2s? I would love to experience other tubes' sound signatures with my LCD-2s. It's important for me to keep the overall sound quality on a high level, like Russian HGs (I wouldn't like to sacrifice resolution or detail, only to get another sound characteristic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back