Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #6,451 of 23,494
  And your name calling me a 'Shill' for Schiit.  And no ban for you.  Now you show up here?  That's cool? I didn't troll the thread like you and your buddies have been doing for months on the Lyr 2 thread.  Just since half the Ember thread was about the Lyr with much false information.  I only stated some facts.  Before you and the rest of the pack  -pounced on me with personal attacks.  I will defend myself.  What was my transgression?  Restating one of the folks there who called himself a Fanboy.  Every other of the 3 or 4 posts were the true facts about the Lyr not the frequent misstatements.

But for Currawong those factual posts (polite and respectful) were deemed blasphemy and deleted and I was Banned!  You all can troll the Lyr 2 thread for months and personally attack me and others no problemo.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ***.

Pretty please?

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #6,452 of 23,494
One man's idiocy is another man's passion.  Passionate people can sometimes get a little testy.  Just sayin'.

That said, there's no reason you can't own and enjoy the Lyr [2] with just the stock tubes, or a couple pairs of better NOS tubes.  You're obviously aware of the arguments for better tubes, so you can take that into account when making your decision.  If, however, as you say, you really just want to go SS, there is no dearth of excellent choices.  Perhaps your efforts are best spent exploring those options.

I'm thinking I'll have to show up to a big meet to get some initial impressions before settling on anything from now on, now that I'm in end-game mode. Maybe next years CanJam will be a little more exciting due to my presence? :3

I'd do the 15 day in-home trial that Schiit has, but I'd rather not spend the money and then send it back. I'll just get to know some gear before I purchase anything.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #6,453 of 23,494
How big would you say the changes are in different tubes? And where does the rate of return start to fall on tubes themselves? I don't doubt the Lyr2 is a fantastic amp, I'm just worried that upgraditis will kick in and I'll have urges to upgrade tubes all the time.
tongue.gif

From a set of 6N1P-EV that sounded so bad I threw them away to a set of 75 HG's that I think are heavenly...

As far as upgraditis, at first I said no tubes over $50.00 a pair.  Didn't last long...

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #6,456 of 23,494
Here's where I wish I had a hifi store near me that sold tubes. If I spent some quality time with the owner, I'm sure they'd let me audition the tubes!

Me too...

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #6,457 of 23,494
From a set of 6N1P-EV that sounded so bad I threw them away to a set of 75 HG's that I think are heavenly...

As far as upgraditis, at first I said no tubes over $50.00 a pair.  Didn't last long...

And here I am trying to get into buddhism as an audiophile. Too much materialism, solid state will save me from a lifetime of craving! :p

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #6,460 of 23,494
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #6,462 of 23,494

Oh Schiit - I'm in trouble now!

I always hated the words "wait till your father gets home".  Never good...

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,463 of 23,494
If y'all don't learn to behave and get along, you're all grounded.  No Lyr for a week!

After that the punishment gets serious: you'll be forced to listen to your least favorite music with the most raggedy-ass tubes we can find.  Jude won't be able to help you then 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #6,465 of 23,494
  If y'all don't learn to behave and get along, you're all grounded.  No Lyr for a week!

After that the punishment gets serious: you'll be forced to listen to your least favorite music with the most raggedy-ass tubes we can find.  Jude won't be able to help you then 
wink.gif

But Dad......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back