Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 12, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #21,361 of 23,494
May 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #21,362 of 23,494
May 13, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #21,367 of 23,494
I can't believe somebody hasn't bought these yet. Put a couple $2 resistors inside some tubes and suddenly they're worth $450!!! Glad we can count on our friends at Menifee to find these gems for us....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Nib-Pa...m=173520393697&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

upload_2019-5-13_19-5-58.png

May 13, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #21,368 of 23,494
What's the sound signature on these?

May 13, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #21,370 of 23,494
I just tried out a pair of the Tele 60's 6211 gold pins.

Overall, they are quit good. The energy balance in the tube weighs more on the mid-high end for sure, not balanced from top to bottom.
I tried to buy a pair from AC, but I think @mattrudy80 got that pair (so we are even buddy, but I might have some 57-58 Blackburns for ya :cat:).
I remember AC saying the upper mids were more forward at around 10k Hz.

I had a similar, but diff experience. I definitely got the more energy in the Mids to middle-Highs,
but it wasn't so much forward as is was more expansive in all directions like a bloom.
Really revealed more detail, instrument space, and soundstage. It created a great platform
for break outs and solo's from really ANY instrument or voice from the mids up. This seems to take away from the
energy available for the bass, as it is similar to the slight sweetness of the mids and highs, but is very much playing
a secondary, back up role. Lows are taught, delineated, but carry a very light presence.
It seems that having a buffer booster would be ideal for this tube to fill in the low end.

Test albums:
Dylan and the Band's "Basement Tapes", MoFi remaster
Steely Dan: Disc 2 of 4 from their Box set, basically corresponds to the end of Countdown to Ecstasy to Pretzel Logic and Katy Lied.
Fela Kuti: Monkey Banana

not really an EDM tube due to the light low end

May 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #21,371 of 23,494
May 13, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #21,373 of 23,494
I just tried out a pair of the Tele 60's 6211 gold pins.

Overall, they are quit good. The energy balance in the tube weighs more on the mid-high end for sure, not balanced from top to bottom.
I tried to buy a pair from AC, but I think @mattrudy80 got that pair (so we are even buddy, but I might have some 57-58 Blackburns for ya :cat:).
I remember AC saying the upper mids were more forward at around 10k Hz.

I had a similar, but diff experience. I definitely got the more energy in the Mids to middle-Highs,
but it wasn't so much forward as is was more expansive in all directions like a bloom.
Really revealed more detail, instrument space, and soundstage. It created a great platform
for break outs and solo's from really ANY instrument or voice from the mids up. This seems to take away from the
energy available for the bass, as it is similar to the slight sweetness of the mids and highs, but is very much playing
a secondary, back up role. Lows are taught, delineated, but carry a very light presence.
It seems that having a buffer booster would be ideal for this tube to fill in the low end.

Test albums:
Dylan and the Band's "Basement Tapes", MoFi remaster
Steely Dan: Disc 2 of 4 from their Box set, basically corresponds to the end of Countdown to Ecstasy to Pretzel Logic and Katy Lied.
Fela Kuti: Monkey Banana

not really an EDM tube due to the light low end
I ended up not buying the 6211s from AC as one was a bit micro. I also had a pair of the steel pin version in the mail which I've found extend the sweetness down slightly in the Hz spectrum, but overall I concur with what you've stated and I'll add that in my experience they are quite delicate (sounding, not because they're glass) and have good separation throughout the Hz range. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back