Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #18,421 of 23,494
Have been burning in the Reflektor 3x mica’s for the past 3 days while listening on Tidal HiFi/master.

I agree with the group, they are outstanding and I cannot tell the difference at all between these and the Foton 3x. They are especially sweet sounding with the LCD2-C and AFO.

I’ve got and Atticus coming Wednesday and cannot wait to hear this paring.

Bro, the Atticus is a great headphone. If you want a great tube pairing you should try them with the Phillip Miniwatt. Not sure why those tubes bring the magic but it made the Atticus knock. Kick drums from Rush -YYZ are not only heard but felt.

I've been seriously thinking of buying another pair.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #18,423 of 23,494
Bro, the Atticus is a great headphone. If you want a great tube pairing you should try them with the Phillip Miniwatt. Not sure why those tubes bring the magic but it made the Atticus knock. Kick drums from Rush -YYZ are not only heard but felt.

I've been seriously thinking of buying another pair.
Looks like the hunt is on.
I’m set on everything else, except for the miniwatt I guess.
Yeah, I’ve always wanted one of these and a “perfect” and smokin deal came along that it was to hard to pass. Had to lose the HE560 and Elear to get it though. I’m good with it!
I love it that ur a rush fan. I’m a groupie, or was. Went on a 6 city tour with a buddy of mine during the time machine tour.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #18,425 of 23,494
Hey Ac, got any miniwatts?
Nah, not been much of a heerlen fan due to how warm the Elear already are, though I did just grab a pair of heerlen pinched waist d getter e180cc, but mainly because I got them for $100 for 3 of them, and I have no doubt that price will start to rocket soon, given how sparse the 12ax7 market is getting, I’m sure the 12at7s will start to get more popular as a replacement, and the e88cc equivalent is now fetching well over $1k when they were much much less not so long ago...

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #18,426 of 23,494
Looks like the hunt is on.
I’m set on everything else, except for the miniwatt I guess.
Yeah, I’ve always wanted one of these and a “perfect” and smokin deal came along that it was to hard to pass. Had to lose the HE560 and Elear to get it though. I’m good with it!
I love it that ur a rush fan. I’m a groupie, or was. Went on a 6 city tour with a buddy of mine during the time machine tour.

You have a great stable of tubes. No need for the miniwatt. You'll find a combination that makes you smile.

Rush...well what can I say about them that hasn't been said. Epic band and epic music. I'm jealous hearing you went a 6 (SIX!) city tour. Most of my friends would rather see a hip hop or edm artist.

I'm now tumbling down the 12at7 (E81CC, ECC801S, E180CC) rabbit hole...adapters on order, few pairs of tubes already ordered, and also managed to snag a pair of Heerlen PW D getter from the 50s for $100....considerably cheaper than the E88CC types at the moment, but likely to change as the 12ax7 type NOS dries up completely and they all start on the 12at7 variants...

I'll report back on how they all sound when I receive them all.

Please do. I'm interested in the e180ccs and would love your take on them.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #18,430 of 23,494
Got a pair of Philips Miniwatt E188CC 1966 Heerlen I can let go for $100 Priority Mail shipped USA only. My other Miniwatt pair is a Mullard that I am keeping, need to check the tubes for noise/microphonics first.

Great deal. The Heerlen E188CC’s were my first HG’s and were for a long time. Their midrange was my first real tube revelation.

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #18,431 of 23,494
Got a pair of Philips Miniwatt E188CC 1966 Heerlen I can let go for $100 Priority Mail shipped USA only. My other Miniwatt pair is a Mullard that I am keeping, need to check the tubes for noise/microphonics first.
What other characteristics does it have TK? Gold pin? SQ? Halo? round getter? Etc.....

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #18,432 of 23,494
What other characteristics does it have TK? Gold pin? SQ? Halo? round getter? Etc.....

I have them packed up for my move but from memory those are the ones you're looking for. Damn good price as @billerb1 said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back