Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 10, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #17,748 of 23,494
Well I offered him $75 and he took it. Looking forward to checking them out. Little disappointed in the review by AC but that’s cool and an opinion.

Lol. Wish I would have seen it before pulling the trigger.I may love them or really dislike them.
Mine aren't fully burned in, so take it with a pinch of salt. It's also only based on my chain and preferences. For $75 they're worth it just for an investment. They're very rare, so worth getting anyway at that price. I do recommend testing them though.

May 11, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #17,749 of 23,494
Well I offered him $75 and he took it. Looking forward to checking them out. Little disappointed in the review by AC but that’s cool and an opinion.

Lol. Wish I would have seen it before pulling the trigger.I may love them or really dislike them.
I take it back. I just spent the last 3 hours with them. They're every bit as good as the E88CC in terms of separation, detail, and holographics, which is to say, excellent, and the soundstage is very wide, which is a bonus on the Elear. They're still pretty brittle and forward in the upper mids, but I think that will smooth out with full burn in.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

May 11, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #17,750 of 23,494
I take it back. I just spent the last 3 hours with them. They're every bit as good as the E88CC in terms of separation, detail, and holographics, which is to say, excellent, and the soundstage is very wide, which is a bonus on the Elear. They're still pretty brittle and forward in the upper mids, but I think that will smooth out with full burn in.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Well based on that I ordered a pair from the same seller as koover.

May 11, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #17,755 of 23,494
My 1 delve in Tesla tubes scarred and scared me for life. Still remember the headaches.

ROFL!

I have a straight-waist '60's 6CC42, and while it didn't slice 'n dice my eardrums (that honor goes to Raytheon), it wasn't my favorite tube.

May 11, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #17,756 of 23,494
ROFL!

I have a straight-waist '60's 6CC42, and while it didn't slice 'n dice my eardrums (that honor goes to Raytheon), it wasn't my favorite tube.
It was a 75 E88CC gold pin pair. Only pair I ever had that I could not do a 200 hour straight burn in. That took several tube rolls to do that. Sold them. Have not tried any 6CC42 yet.

May 11, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #17,759 of 23,494
Any of you guys still have a Telefunken E188CC slanted getter tube pair?

Anyone still think they are worth it with the new slew of 2C51 tubes?

I like them for darker headphones. They're open, notes are airy, and gives you some nice extension on both ends. Lacks a tad in body though.

May 11, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #17,760 of 23,494
Any of you guys still have a Telefunken E188CC slanted getter tube pair?

Anyone still think they are worth it with the new slew of 2C51 tubes?

Love mine. Would never give them up. Agree with Phantaminum they don't have quite the body of the Foton 3x's or the TS 2c51's
but they have an inherent beauty that nothing else I have touches. But I listen to a lot of acoustic music and smaller jazz groups...which to me are really in the Tele's wheelhouse. If you listen to harder, busier stuff I think you'd probably be disappointed in the comparison with the 2c51's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back