Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #6,991 of 8,735
popcorn.gif

May 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #6,993 of 8,735
Quote:
Quiet in here tonight. Everyone busy installing their Bifrost Über upgrades?

Those of us with young children are busy installing locks on the tube cabinet.
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

May 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #6,997 of 8,735
Quote:
Quiet in here tonight. Everyone busy installing their Bifrost Über upgrades?

I can't believe how fast you guys all get this stuff delivered. I ordered last Saturday and my Uber has only made it as far as Pasadena. 

May 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #6,998 of 8,735
Yup, would like to know about one's hands on uber analog upgrade as well. Does Schiit ship it with any manual or is there any instruction for installation? Then i will probably order the board and install it myself. Of course I believe they will respond if asked help about installation. Not so hands-on/ desk work engineer here. :D

May 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #6,999 of 8,735
I hope you guys do reviews and instructions on how to install the upgrades. I live in Canada and it would cost a lot just to get my bifrost shipped. Also not sure if customs will charge me again.

May 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #7,000 of 8,735
Quote:
Yup, would like to know about one's hands on uber analog upgrade as well. Does Schiit ship it with any manual or is there any instruction for installation? Then i will probably order the board and install it myself. Of course I believe they will respond if asked help about installation. Not so hands-on/ desk work engineer here. :D

Have you ever seen Schiit documentation?
Was the font big enough to read without a jumbo magnifier?
I thought so.

I promise to take photos mine uber ist ein gefarheistengeist tag.

May 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #7,001 of 8,735
Ok, then. I will be in the same boat as pukeman.

May 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #7,002 of 8,735
I need some help. I got a replacement 68 OG from mercedesman. It seemed fine at the beginning but I noticed static in between songs tonight. I flicked it as mercedesman suggests and the static went away. Doing this produced a rattling sound and a thump in the left channel. I assume the thump is to be expected. Then I ran the top of my nail on the top of the tube. This produced only the rattling sound. Doing this to the other tube produced the same sound in the left channel also. I went back to the GEs and the tubes produce sounds (not near as loud as the OGs) to their respective channels only. What is this? I assume it's not good.

May 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #7,003 of 8,735
Quote:
I need some help. I got a replacement 68 OG from mercedesman. It seemed fine at the beginning but I noticed static in between songs tonight. I flicked it as mercedesman suggests and the static went away. Doing this produced a rattling sound and a thump in the left channel. I assume the thump is to be expected. Then I ran the top of my nail on the top of the tube. This produced only the rattling sound. Doing this to the other tube produced the same sound in the left channel also. I went back to the GEs and the tubes produce sounds (not near as loud as the OGs) to their respective channels only. What is this? I assume it's not good.

Do the tubes sound good when you're not thumping or scraping  them?

May 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #7,005 of 8,735
That is what we call microphonics, is it like a high pitch static ringing sound? It's nothing to be concerned about, it can be bothersome if it keeps happening when you don't touch the tubes, but tube dampers can help i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back