Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #5,596 of 8,735
Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #5,597 of 8,735
Quote:
Check out my Avatar.
Im a charter member of the Tube Voodoo Electronic Gadget club. or  Tube-VEG Club.
"I hereby call this meeting to order."

What they actually work.  This is like the first time something like that happened.   It seems like I am getting better separation too.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #5,598 of 8,735
Quote:
Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2. 

I have limited experience with multiple cans.  I started with HD-650's and went to LCD2's.  There was nothing "wrong" with the HD-650's, I just new the LCD2's would that me to another place.    If that helps.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #5,599 of 8,735
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans.   I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today).  It delivers.  I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #5,600 of 8,735
Quote:
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans.   I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today).  It delivers.  I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.

Little things add up. But the DAC is a big one.
Every bit counts. lol  Welcome to mid-fi.

I've been breaking in everything... 80hrs and counting. These tubes at 50 hrs and its like the music finally showed up. Hope the space makes a show in the next 50.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5,601 of 8,735
I've gotten good impressions from other people on top you guys too, this may be my stack.. I love how small they are yet how prominent they are. Not sure if that makes sense, thats just what I thought when I saw it at a meet..

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #5,603 of 8,735
Quote:
I like the look too.

I know! I can't stop looking at them.  It's not like they're going to do anything, but I keep thinking they are dancing in my peripheral vision.

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #5,604 of 8,735
Quote:
For the margin Tubemonger has in those, he will send you a replacement.

Indeed. Woke up this morning to see an e-mail from Tubemonger stating that I experienced a very rare problem and that a replacement pair is already on the way...at no charge.

Hats off to Tubemonger for the first-class service.
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #5,605 of 8,735
Quote:
I've never NOT removed my extenders ...... they come out with the tubes every time.  BTW, I got a refund on my non-appearing Lithuanian tubes.

Quote:
What happens if they actually show?

I stepped AWAY from the computer for 18 hours and there are 2 pages of posts to catch up on .....   if they actually show .... as a good eBay citizen, I am morally obligated to contact the seller and repay ---- which I will do ---- even though he (she? Olga?) apparently has no way to track these things.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #5,606 of 8,735
What with all the socket saver talk lately I had to get me a couple [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Plug & Play, 9-pin B9A NOVAL[/size] [/size][size=12pt][size=12pt]NOVIB Socket Saver[/size][size=12pt]©[/size][/size][/size][size=10pt][size=10pt]with Vibration Reduction Base, and Gold Plated Pins.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I can honestly say that I prefer Schitt's recessed look on the Lyr.[/size][/size][/size]

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #5,609 of 8,735
I've compared a lot of different 6922 tubes for my older Spoiler DAC design. By far the best tube I found was the Siemens CCA grey-plate. A pair of these is expensive, particularly strong ones. These were top performers made for the German phone company in the late 50s. They have finer grids than other tubes for superb extension. I tried these in a modded Lyr and they were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back