Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #5,492 of 8,735
Sorry guys,  I was hoping the "slow boat" issue was just a fluke due to the holidays in late Jan.  I didn't know it would be the rule vs the exception.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Got mine a few days ago...safe and sound. Just takes a while.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #5,493 of 8,735
Since you have them too, what's your take vs. the other tubes in you library? I like these about as much as I like my two sets of JAN Amperex ('65 JAN-CEP 6922 and '66 JAN-CEP 7308) but the sound stage and treble isn't as good as my Telefunken ECC88s (then again, the bass is a little better on these). Haven't had time to compare against the Brimars though.

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #5,494 of 8,735
Since I'm the Only One that didn't get mine I'm cook'in some traffic Dr Mr fantasy with some 60' D's.

Know what? Pretty damn good...... Think'n Jimmi is next

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #5,495 of 8,735
Since you have them too, what's your take vs. the other tubes in you library? I like these about as much as I like my two sets of JAN Amperex ('65 JAN-CEP 6922 and '66 JAN-CEP 7308) but the sound stage and treble isn't as good as my Telefunken ECC88s (then again, the bass is a little better on these). Haven't had time to compare against the Brimars though.

Good question..... Give me a couple days and I'll let you know. I just installed them tonight. Not really listened to much on these seriously yet. My schedule has been packed and not have had a lot of free time to swap these in. I've been listening to a pair of Matsu****a's ( http://www.tubemonger.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=591 ) and actually like them a lot, but I'm thinking these might be a step up. We shall see.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #5,498 of 8,735
I'm not sure how I did it, but i just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  

My Lyr has shipped, it will arrive sometime this week.  I'm also expecting way too many pairs of way too expensive tubes.

Unfortunately, I won't make it home until early March.

So I have this tube rolling affliction waiting for me at home, and it's on the fast track!  
beyersmile.png

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #5,499 of 8,735
Quote:
Since I'm the Olny One that didn't get mine I'm cook'in some traffic Dr Mr fantasy with some 60' D's.

Know what? Pretty damn good...... Think'n Jimmi is next

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger--Ordered Jan 22 and I still haven't got them and I ordered 2 Pair!!!

And I am in Northern California Too Boot...

Jack

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #5,500 of 8,735
Quote:
I'm not sure how I did it, but i just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  

My Lyr has shipped, it will arrive sometime this week.  I'm also expecting way too many pairs of way too expensive tubes.

Unfortunately, I won't make it home until early March.

So I have this tube rolling affliction waiting for me at home, and it's on the fast track!  
beyersmile.png

I am very sorry you had to suffer through my posts.
Please don't read "Schiit Owners Unite", as it will be iamnothim II, a very bad sequel.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #5,501 of 8,735
Ooooh!  There's another Schiit thread?

I've got the sickness so bad I've even ordered socket savers and some of Herbie's space robot dampeners!

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #5,502 of 8,735
Quote:
Ooooh!  There's another Schiit thread?

I've got the sickness so bad I've even ordered socket savers and some of Herbie's space robot dampeners!

I embarrass myself early and often

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #5,503 of 8,735
question: i was tube rolling with JJ e88cc tubes, but after i plug them in, they give my hd650's a really really loud obnoxious buzz coming from the right ear cup / channel. How should i go about this problem?

- everything was properly plugged in might i add as i double checked, i wasn't sure if the tubes were damaged. Other tubes ive tried still works

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #5,504 of 8,735
Quote:
question: i was tube rolling with JJ e88cc tubes, but after i plug them in, they give my hd650's a really really loud obnoxious buzz coming from the right ear cup / channel. How should i go about this problem?

- everything was properly plugged in might i add as i double checked, i wasn't sure if the tubes were damaged. Others that i've tried failed to work

1st flip the tube positions see if it moves to the left.

EDIT:  Just saw the part about others failed to work.  Contact Schiit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back