Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #5,446 of 8,735
How are the LCDs? I am dying to try those now, everyone keeps raving about them.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #5,447 of 8,735
  1. Iamnothim---

Have you received your tubes yet from Lithuania--I know some have who have ordered way after me --(Jan 22nd)??

Thanks

Jack

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #5,449 of 8,735
Quote:
How are the LCDs? I am dying to try those now, everyone keeps raving about them.

I'll have to get back to you in a bit. I received the Lyr and LCD's on the same day. It was better than christmas morning. Not sure where I stand on 'burn in' debate. but I haven't had a lot of time for mental burn in/analytical listening. I can definitely see what all the hype is about, but then again, is that new purchase bias? New tubes are coming in today and I'll have a lot of time this weekend to play around with rolling.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #5,450 of 8,735
Quote:
I guess my mailman owns a Lyr

So I guess that means No---I have started a case with EBAY --but I would sure like to get them--

Someone ordered them on Feb 7 In the US and already has them!!!

Jack

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #5,452 of 8,735
Quote:
Hey guys...

I have question...Does anyone know about this tube?  Valvo red label, e88cc,6922
comments about this tube?

Thanks

Do a thread search for (with quotes) "valvo red label". They have been mentioned numerous times already with some very detailed info supplied by the 'Tube Gods' of Head-Fi

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #5,453 of 8,735
Quote:

Do a thread search for (with quotes) "valvo red label". They have been mentioned numerous times already with some very detailed info supplied by the 'Tube Gods' of Head-Fi

Gracias! 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #5,455 of 8,735
I haven't see it mentioned... But Schiit put orange LEDs in the amp to enhance the tube glow. At least my brand new one has it. Its neat but... makes it harder to guage the actual glow output of the tube

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #5,456 of 8,735
Quote:
I haven't see it mentioned... But Schiit put orange LEDs in the amp to enhance the tube glow. At least my brand new one has it. Its neat but... makes it harder to guage the actual glow output of the tube

Maybe cut holes in piece of cardboard and overlay it on top if you're trying to gauge the glow?   I wouldn't leave it there permanently and mess up cooling though.   I bought some damping/cooling rings from the Brent Jesse site http://www.audiotubes.com/damper.htm - perhaps something like that situated on your tubes can help you isolate the tube glow from the LEDs. I haven't received them yet, nor do I buy into the voodoo claims regarding staging and separation enhancements, but I do have some slightly microphonic (but still awesome) tubes that I want to try damping.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #5,458 of 8,735
Quote:
  1. Iamnothim---

Have you received your tubes yet from Lithuania--I know some have who have ordered way after me --(Jan 22nd)??

Thanks

Jack

Quote:
I guess my mailman owns a Lyr

Sorry guys,  I was hoping the "slow boat" issue was just a fluke due to the holidays in late Jan.  I didn't know it would be the rule vs the exception.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5,459 of 8,735
I emailed Ron at Cyro about the tubes I ordered from there. They were sent first class to Canada and it seems they got to the border real quick. So far as he could tell priority mail gets... priority at customs then they get to first class to fill the time when when not busy. He says it will take 2-6 weeks at customs. *sigh*

Seller isn't responding to my hounding for my OG purchase out of Toronto, which is around the corner from me. Thought it might actually get in the mail, but it all depends on how long the seller takes to actually noticing something sold. *sigh*

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #5,460 of 8,735
Can anyone confirm the Amperex wiki for me? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amperex_Electronic

I'm trying to get my head around some of the tube lore surrounding Amperex and from what I've read elsewhere I'm not getting the same impression from the Wiki entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back