Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #1,156 of 8,735
Hello,

i need your help. I´ve got a Lyr with some alternative tubes a few days ago. But tube rolling is quite difficult in my eyes. I can´t get the tubes out of my amp without having a lot of patience.....Do you have some  tips for me getting the tubes out of the Lyr easily?
Maybe there a some kind of tools making rolling easier
wink_face.gif

Thanks

perfect-pitch

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #1,157 of 8,735
Hello,

i need your help. I´ve got a Lyr with some alternative tubes a few days ago. But tube rolling is quite difficult in my eyes. I can´t get the tubes out of my amp without having a lot of patience.....Do you have some  tips for me getting the tubes out of the Lyr easily?
wink_face.gif

Thanks

perfect-pitch

Well I have big hands so I use the Electro-harmonix tube glove
I also swap tubes hot so I need it. Here is the link for it
ONe of the things you can do is use an old rubber cable and wrap it around the tube and pull up slightly and wiggle it around that works kinda...
any rubber piece will probably work
heres the link for the tube glove
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=072-899

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #1,158 of 8,735
I use tape that's not too adhesive attached to the top of the tubes to make a handle. One hand pressing down and holding the tape onto the tube and wiggling gently if required and the other lifting the handle to pull the tube out of the socket.

DeoxIt Pro Gold applied to the tube pins also makes tube rolling a lot easier.

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #1,159 of 8,735

[size=medium]

Quote:
perfect-pitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello,

wink_face.gif

Thanks

perfect-pitch

It can be frustrating. I wish they had set the tubes about a 1/4 of an inch higher. They would have run cooler to though tubes mostly run hot as it is their nature. 

Quote:

[/size]

You guys with these skulls got me scared. I am going to need shock therapy. 

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #1,160 of 8,735
Hello,

thanks for the fast answers. Well, the tube glove has been ordered from a german dealer. I will check out some kind of rubber tube dampers for changing. Maybe it works.

Yes, tube rolling can be frustrating
smile.gif

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,163 of 8,735
Hello,

wink_face.gif

Thanks

perfect-pitch

Painters masking tape :wink:

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,164 of 8,735
Hello,

thanks for the fast answers. Well, the tube glove has been ordered from a german dealer. I will check out some kind of rubber tube dampers for changing. Maybe it works.

Yes, tube rolling can be frustrating
smile.gif

smart man you will get the tube out in one second

So you think that the tube glove was the right decision? One Second-Not bad

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,165 of 8,735
So you think that the tube glove was the right decision? One Second-Not bad

It will allow you to pull tubes in one second and pull hot tubes out if you want to do like I do and be an impatient Headfi guy..
You can't go wrong with it. Once you use it you will be like wow no more struggle. Im sure tape works as well
if you want to sticky up your tubes but the tube glove doesn't just go over the tube it grabs it so all you have to
do is pull up..

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #1,169 of 8,735
My slow technique room temp cool down or fan for fast cool down and then disposable purple nitrile gloves.  Any latex glove will also work.  Suckers come off easily.  No Michael Jackson gloves necessary.  

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,170 of 8,735
Well I burned in my humming tube last night and it took 12 hours but Now I have one set of CCA Siemens & Halske A frames that are good no noise no Hum.
IM a very happy MrScary the other set is a loss they have so much humm I don't think any burn in will get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back