Schiit Lyr or Audio-gd C-2 SA
Apr 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

charliex

Headphoneus Supremus
Help!  I'm looking for an under $500 amp that'll easily drive my LCD-2's and other demanding headphones in my stable that will give me
a warm and non-fatigueing sound signature that is musical yet still detailed and open.  Do I go with the 6 watt tubed Lyr or 3 watt ss Audio-gd?

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 17
Audio GD C-2SA is discontinued.  They just haven't updated their website.  Go with Lyr.
Never heard both.  I have the C-2.1 and think the C-2SA would sound better than Lyr. Audio GD makes really good amps.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 17
I haven't heard the Lyr but I am intrigued and tempted to get it for the office.  I live in CA so my walkout price on a Lyr is $500.  My walk out price on my C2-SA was $350 shipped.  I love the quality and sound of Audio-gd and since the C2-SA is in stock you should have it within a week of paying.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 17
Why all this misinformation. As Sling5 say the SA is sold out and discontinued when I mailed them some days ago.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 17
Maybe Charliex should e-mail A-gd and Edwin himself if he is interested C2-SA.  I just got my C2-SA.  sling5s post is a little unclear.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 17
Pacific Value has few still left.  But I was told about a month ago by Edwin from Audio GD that it was sold out and discontinued.  Their website does say in stock but it has not been updated in awhile.  I personally didn't need that much power so I went with the C-2.1 option because of the ACSS and OPA options. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 17
Apr 21, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 17
Thanks for clarifying.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 17
Help!  I'm looking for an under $500 amp that'll easily drive my LCD-2's and other demanding headphones in my stable that will give me
a warm and non-fatigueing sound signature that is musical yet still detailed and open.  Do I go with the 6 watt tubed Lyr or 3 watt ss Audio-gd?

I can say that the Lyr has brought my LCD-2s to a whole new plain! It has shown me that these orthos really need MOAR POWER to really hit their stride. Bonus, the Lyr drives my HE-6s very, very well (quite similar to the speaker taps with my pigtail adapter with my Pioneer home theater receiver).

May 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 17
Recent information on C2-SA:

Just received my unit from Audio-gd (about 2 weeks after order). Bought it for present use with IEM and future (I am hoping) with LCD-2. As KuKuBuKu mentions above, this amp puts out 6 watts at 50ohm. Right out of the box, with Sennheiser IE-7, damn good. Also, no hum issues. Pretty convenient to have inputs for three sources and 1 output. Will update opinion after a week of playing.

Best regards.

P.S.: Don't know where some folks have gotten the information that it was discontinued since the Audio-gd site has it listed as “in stock” on their products page.

May 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 17
Directly from Audio GD, Edwin himself.  At least that is what he told me.  Maybe they started making it again.  I really wanted to order it but had to order the C-2.1 because they said they no longer had it and were making it.

May 5, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #13 of 17
Same here asked both Edwin and KingWa. Be careful with your low impedance headhones. Reading about the Lyr possible destroying two ED 8 make me wonder if it´s worth the risk. Would be nice to use the amps I got on all my headphones safely :)

May 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #15 of 17
They haven´t reconsidered.Got a triple confirmation there is no straight replacement for it in works currently and it recently been sold out. They just haven´t updated their web page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back