Schiit Lokius Impressions & Reviews
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #76 of 305
Schiit tends to change the finish and knobs of all their products quite regularly. They recently changed the Jotunheim 2 volume knob but
The pictures are still the same in the website.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #77 of 305
Any reason it would be good to leave the Lokius on all the time? Or the Loki mini for that matter. I typically leave the Bifrost 2 on all the time, but turn the Jot 2 and the Lokius off after I'm done using them. Turn them on a few minutes before a listening "session". Saw a few posts on here about leaving equipment on all the time, so I may do that, but not sure if there is a good reason to leave the Lokius on all the time....save some electricity. I have a Loki mini/Modi/Asgard 3 as my work setup. The Modi stays on all the time, but I turn the other 2 off for the weekend.

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #78 of 305
Can confirm the knobs have changed. Just got the replacement for my faulty unit, and the knobs are larger (you don't see the recess in the chassis anymore), and the level indicator is now a dot rather than a line.

Also, I can't help but feel like the original unit I got had black anodizing all over, whereas the new one only has in on the front/top. Might be just an impression, as I don't have pictures to compare, but the sides struck me as unexpectedly pale as soon as I opened the package.

In related news, there's now a Loki Max: https://www.schiit.com/products/loki-max

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #80 of 305
Hey guys! I'm new to this thread, but I'm curious about the Lokius for my FA-10 and Arya and a bit worried about this line in the FAQ:

"Will I overload this thing?
Not if you’re using standard 2V RMS single-ended or 4V RMS balanced levels. Crank up all the knobs, and you’re still safe. If you’re using hotter sources, probably best to run this after a preamp or pad."

Not really knowing the power ratings in Voltage in my FA-10 (it outputs 16 watts into 32 ohms I believe), I'm just worried I'll blow this thing up lol...anyone else using high-powered amps with the Lokius? I really don't want to have to add a preamp to my system just to be able to use some tasteful EQ.

Thanks!!

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #81 of 305
Hey guys! I'm new to this thread, but I'm curious about the Lokius for my FA-10 and Arya and a bit worried about this line in the FAQ:

"Will I overload this thing?
Not if you’re using standard 2V RMS single-ended or 4V RMS balanced levels. Crank up all the knobs, and you’re still safe. If you’re using hotter sources, probably best to run this after a preamp or pad."

Not really knowing the power ratings in Voltage in my FA-10 (it outputs 16 watts into 32 ohms I believe), I'm just worried I'll blow this thing up lol...anyone else using high-powered amps with the Lokius? I really don't want to have to add a preamp to my system just to be able to use some tasteful EQ.

Thanks!!
This is referring to the output voltage of your DAC
2V RCA and 4V XLR are industry standard.

It has nothing to do with the amp power.

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #82 of 305
This is referring to the output voltage of your DAC
2V RCA and 4V XLR are industry standard.

It has nothing to do with the amp power.
Ah thank you!! I knew I was missing something. Looks like I have no more excuses not to order one of these. Hope the wait isn't too long!

Dec 10, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #86 of 305
Ah thank you!! I knew I was missing something. Looks like I have no more excuses not to order one of these. Hope the wait isn't too long!
Current wait is 6-8 weeks! Argh.

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #87 of 305
I have a Bifrost 2 and Jot 2 that I believe are both truly balanced.
I read the Lokius isn’t truly balanced.
So I understand that when I connect the Lokius between the Bifrost anbd Jot and enable it so I can use tone control I lose the the truly balanced signal.

But what happens when I put the Lokius into bypass mode? Or turn it’s power off?
Do I keep a truly balanced signal then?
And what’s better, bypass or turn it off?

Dec 12, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #89 of 305
And did anyone test it sandwiched between a Bifrost and a Jot or Lyr or Asgard or Valhalla?
Hum?
I would put the Bifrost on the bottom and stack the Lokius and then Jot and Lyr on top of it.
That's how I use it. Here's my stack from top to bottom:
Valhalla/Asgard 3/Lyr 3 (alternating between the amps, not at the same time :))
Lokius
Bifrost Multibit

No issues with hum.

Dec 12, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #90 of 305
That's how I use it. Here's my stack from top to bottom:
Valhalla/Asgard 3/Lyr 3 (alternating between the amps, not at the same time :))
Lokius
Bifrost Multibit

No issues with hum.

Thanks for the info!
Great set as well. Those mid-sized Schiit stacks are really nice desktop sets.
I wonder how long the Lokius has been out, I never get the mails from Schiit no matter how much I sign up for them.
I was actually waiting for a bigger Loki and just found out two days ago.
I’m gonna order one from the US, takes ages before they have them here in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back