Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #4,444 of 6,472
It just arrived. 

Didn't know (nor have I really read through this thread)... that plugging in headphones does not mute the Output to my Desktop speakers. O'well... another step added.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #4,445 of 6,472
Just put you speakers or power amp for passive speakers on a separate power strip.  I have mine with in reach on the floor so it's an easy foot press to turn on.  

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #4,446 of 6,472
  It just arrived. 

Didn't know (nor have I really read through this thread)... that plugging in headphones does not mute the Output to my Desktop speakers. O'well... another step added.

The black looks really nice.  Yeah, the power buttons are right on the back of my monitors, so I switch them on and off since they’re right on my desktop.  Be careful with the gain switch when you’re using your speakers!

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #4,447 of 6,472
  Just put you speakers or power amp for passive speakers on a separate power strip.  I have mine with in reach on the floor so it's an easy foot press to turn on.  

The black looks really nice.  Yeah, the power buttons are right on the back of my monitors, so I switch them on and off since they’re right on my desktop.  Be careful with the gain switch when you’re using your speakers!

I think it will be just easier for me to reach over and turn the volume down to "0" on my Active X-over. Though... great ideas of the power strip... I'd have to put the X-over, speakers and sub all on that power strip.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,448 of 6,472

I think it will be just easier for me to reach over and turn the volume down to "0" on my Active X-over. Though... great ideas of the power strip... I'd have to put the X-over, speakers and sub all on that power strip.

Yeah I used to turn my powered speakers on/off but more often than not I forgot to turn off the speakers which would surprise me at the next listening session whenI turned the system on and they sprang to life.  Finally had enough of that and put a SYS into the system.  Much better.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,449 of 6,472
  Yeah I used to turn my powered speakers on/off but more often than not I forgot to turn off the speakers which would surprise me at the next listening session whenI turned the system on and they sprang to life.  Finally had enough of that and put a SYS into the system.  Much better.

Very true... totally forgot about the SYS. I used to have one with my old Schiit stack. I knew I should've held onto it.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #4,451 of 6,472
  Ordered mine from a retailer here in Australia. Been waiting for almost 2 months now (ordered on 25th Feb) :frowning2:

Wow, that's unlucky. I ordered mine from the Australian distributor last September, they were out of stock, back-ordered, but it still only took 10 days from order to delivery.

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #4,452 of 6,472
I have done a search in this thread for the 'K712' and barely anything came up which surprised me, anyone have this amp paired with these headphones? I currently have them paired with an M-Stage HPA-1 and I find them a little too warm sounding, I tempted to say slightly muddy? perhaps the 5ohm output of the HPA-1 doesn't pair well with the K712's?, I want them to sound more upfront, lively, less warmth. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #4,453 of 6,472
My Jot just got released from Customs clearance after 15 days... what a long wait...

Anyways, it should be here by Thursday now. Exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back