Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 17, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #4,411 of 6,472
I just canceled my Jot order. There was no indication on the website that they were "weeks" behind. They notified me on Sunday that it was "ready to ship", but then today told me that I wouldn't see the unit for a few weeks as they are backlogged and I was in the Queue for my unit (again, weeks away).

So now, I think I'm going to look at Audio-GD or others.

I have an audio gd on sale if you are interested. I had it for about 2 months

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #4,412 of 6,472
I just canceled my Jot order. There was no indication on the website that they were "weeks" behind. They notified me on Sunday that it was "ready to ship", but then today told me that I wouldn't see the unit for a few weeks as they are backlogged and I was in the Queue for my unit (again, weeks away).

I "almost" did the same.
Same thing happened to me. Their site said backordeed and shipping the week of xxxxx. So when I didnt get the Joy that week, I cancelled it. I also paid for next day shipping becuase my vaca was coming to an end. I was like a little kid with a new toy and wanted to try out and enjoy before going back to work. But..... I changed my mind and kept it. I also told them I wanted my next day shipping charge reversed and they refused. Why would I pay for next day shipping when I wanted it now, wasn't shipped when stated and had to wait?
Not too impressed with their service levels when you can't even talk to a live person. Only email. You'd think a small company would excel in service levels.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #4,413 of 6,472
I "almost" did the same.
Same thing happened to me. Their site said backordeed and shipping the week of xxxxx. So when I didnt get the Joy that week, I cancelled it. I also paid for next day shipping becuase my vaca was coming to an end. I was like a little kid with a new toy and wanted to try out and enjoy before going back to work. But..... I changed my mind and kept it. I also told them I wanted my next day shipping charge reversed and they refused. Why would I pay for next day shipping when I wanted it now, wasn't shipped when stated and had to wait?
Not too impressed with their service levels when you can't even talk to a live person. Only email. You'd think a small company would excel in service levels.

Yeah they excel on their product line but not their customer service skills, usually it's the other way around with small companies. I believe it's a trade off. But this is an area where they could improve easily. 

My experience was the same with the Jot. I waited a few days, I was about to cancel the order when I got the 'your order has shipped' email. That was lucky on their part. 

However, I am extremely happy with my Jot. I decided to keep it and return the Aune S6.
Eventually I'll get a Solid Dac and probably upgrade to a Mjolnir2 or something from Woo Audio. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #4,415 of 6,472

I ran into the exact same problem, and canceled my order a day after placing it since I had e-mailed them asking how long it might take (the answer was weeks). I bought one off Ebay for $100 less and got it in three days.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #4,416 of 6,472
Actually, the first line on every product page gives stocking status. We keep them pretty up-to-the-minute.

Apologies if we occasionally miss--we're trying to ensure that all products are always in stock, but ongoing vagaries with metal and hard-to-get parts makes this difficult. Consider that some of the parts on Jotunheim have 16 week lead times.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #4,417 of 6,472
  Actually, the first line on every product page gives stocking status. We keep them pretty up-to-the-minute.

Apologies if we occasionally miss--we're trying to ensure that all products are always in stock, but ongoing vagaries with metal and hard-to-get parts makes this difficult. Consider that some of the parts on Jotunheim have 16 week lead times.

If I missed the "status" line previously, then I apologize (I do not recall seeing it). Though, it indicated status for "non-Dac" units in stock. I ordered a "black" version sans DAC. The black units are also back-ordered? 

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #4,418 of 6,472

I ran into the exact same problem, and canceled my order a day after placing it since I had e-mailed them asking how long it might take (the answer was weeks). I bought one off Ebay for $100 less and got it in three days.

I ordered a Mani this morning, and got the shipping notice in less then an hour. This my fifth or sixth order from them and my experience has always been the same.

I always order items they have in stock.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #4,419 of 6,472
  If I missed the "status" line previously, then I apologize (I do not recall seeing it). Though, it indicated status for "non-Dac" units in stock. I ordered a "black" version sans DAC. The black units are also back-ordered? 

The "STATUS:" line is always there, on every product.

Also, if you have any questions about orders, orders@schiit.com gets you answers in minutes during regular business hours.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #4,420 of 6,472

Also, if you have any questions about orders, orders@schiit.com gets you answers in minutes during regular business hours.

With all due respect, once in stock my Jot did arrive quickly.....obviously next day shipping.
Also, I ordered a Magni Uber/ Modi 2 stack off Amazon late night last Sunday with standard shipping and received around noon on Tuesday. Go figure.
I also will say, never purchasing Shiit products before and with limited experience/knowledge on my behalf, I'm extremely impressed with all 3 units I purchased.
I'm glad I didn't cancel my original Jot order.
Lastly, very cool you responded representing your brand. I always believe any company that involves themselves with the community on boards like this says a lot about that company.
So, maybe I'm wrong with my thought process with your companies service levels.
Take care...

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #4,421 of 6,472

Apologies Jason.  Does the current message on the Site mean the Black is In Stock or would I need to send an email to orders@schiit.com to confirm?  Prior to today, the message displayed said (and I am paraphrasing here) "STATUS:  Backordered.  Orders expected to ship the Week of March 31st".  This message did not change until today and has remained unchanged since (at least) March 31st.  Here is the current STATUS message displayed...

"STATUS: Jotunheim DAC Backordered—orders placed today are expected to ship the week of May 6th. Jotunheim without DAC in stock. Orders placed today are expected to ship in 1 to 3 business days."

...thank you sir.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #4,422 of 6,472
Apologies Jason.  Does the current message on the Site mean the Black is In Stock or would I need to send an email to orders@schiit.com to confirm?  Prior to today, the message displayed said (and I am paraphrasing here) "STATUS:  Backordered.  Orders expected to ship the Week of March 31st".  This message did not change until today and has remained unchanged since (at least) March 31st.  Here is the current STATUS message displayed...

"STATUS: Jotunheim DAC Backordered—orders placed today are expected to ship the week of May 6th. Jotunheim without DAC in stock. Orders placed today are expected to ship in 1 to 3 business days."

...thank you sir.

Yep, we shouldn't have any problems shipping Jots without DACs. If you have any questions, just email orders@schiit.com--they get back quickly as long as it's 8-5 PST, M-F.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #4,425 of 6,472
  Yes it sounds different. To put it shortly the balanced output sounds like a more full bodied sound. Much solid all around. I ordered it for the sole purpose of using it balanced only.

I was actually asking about the "input" not so much info on the Output of the unit.  I too purchased the unit solely for the Balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back