Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 29, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #256 of 6,472
  According to Nick at Schiit Audio, plugging in headphones does NOT mute the preamp outputs.  

Bummer!!
eek.gif

I might buy it anyway, but it would be ideal for me if it did mute the preamp. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #257 of 6,472
  Got a shipping notification for my Jotunheim, cant wait to try the HD650s balanced. I'll have to re-terminate one of my cables to 4 pin xlr though. Wednesday cant come soon enough!

Just got my shipping notification for the amp-only Jotunheim I order Saturday evening.  This will be my first piece of Schiit and I can't wait.  I will run my LCD-2F single-ended initially, and if the sonic signature is good I will be looking for a balanced cable soon enough (Norne?).

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #258 of 6,472

Got a shipping notification for my Jotunheim, cant wait to try the HD650s balanced. I'll have to re-terminate one of my cables to 4 pin xlr though. Wednesday cant come soon enough!

Just got my shipping notification for the amp-only Jotunheim I order Saturday evening.  This will be my first piece of Schiit and I can't wait.  I will run my LCD-2F single-ended initially, and if the sonic signature is good I will be looking for a balanced cable soon enough (Norne?).

Norne does good work, but don't count on "soon".

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #259 of 6,472

I'm giving Norne high praise for build quality, materials and price. Do be prepared to wait a bit though. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #260 of 6,472
Correct but since they don't have to also do a case and such for it they can pack more into the card for the same price. I figure if they did a case to make the dac card a standalone it would run in the 150 to 200 range instead of just 100.

The AKM 4490 is available in the Modi Uber, so this is essentially already done sans the "x2" balanced part.  That runs $149 so you're range is probably spot on for a balanced version "with case".

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #262 of 6,472
My Jotunheim is on its way.  Go Schiit way to ship fast.

Now I gotta wait...  Ugh...

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #264 of 6,472

"This will be my first piece of Schiit and I can't wait." Hilarious. Best use of the name so far.
I have been a lurker on this forum for a while and i just joined because of this post.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #265 of 6,472
Dun forget this amp have "pivot point" and " C" core transformer , those are newly implemented. Will like to know how it sound against other schiit amps.

Me also. Especially the Jot as a headphone only amplifier versus the Rag as a headphone only amp.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #267 of 6,472
I am really thinking about selling my Parasound Zdac V2,and return the Magni 2U i just ordered for the Jotunheim.I really wanted an all-in-one unit use my LSR305s and the Purplehearts,but ultimately decided on a separate units.And having a great Dac,a balanced pre outs and a very good amp in one is definetly tempting.I will have to see if i like the sound of the Magni fed from the Parasound first though.And i am wondering also,if the 15 day return policy applies if i bought my Schiit from schiit-europe?

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #268 of 6,472
Erm.. Just got Chord mojo, if not really might consider this as well....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back