Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Sep 13, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #827 of 6,473
  Ive seen comparison between the Liquid Carbon and the Mjolnir 2 as far as each amps sound signature. Has anyone compared the LC to the Jot? (resolution, bass, soundstage, etc.)?

I think someone has. But not on this forum 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #828 of 6,473
  Ive seen comparison between the Liquid Carbon and the Mjolnir 2 as far as each amps sound signature. Has anyone compared the LC to the Jot? (resolution, bass, soundstage, etc.)?

I compared them directly at a meet a few weeks ago and preferred the Jot. I would say that the Jot is faster, more natural tonality and better bass extension. The LC is very "smooth" and warm except a little bump in the treble. I can see people having a preference for either. But mine was clearly with the Jot. 

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #829 of 6,473

I compared them directly at a meet a few weeks ago and preferred the Jot. I would say that the Jot is faster, more natural tonality and better bass extension. The LC is very "smooth" and warm except a little bump in the treble. I can see people having a preference for either. But mine was clearly with the Jot. 

Hey Matt, sorry if I missed this somewhere posted already but what DAC(s) were you pairing with the them? 

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #833 of 6,473
  Wow KG in the house. Have you had a chance to hear the Joti? 

Not yet, but I expect to have a good listen soon.​

With the board space available on the plug in card, I expect that doing a native balanced dsd dac is going to be pretty easy.

This could be the next big thing.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #834 of 6,473

OK, you just made me cave in 
rolleyes.gif
 Still waiting for my LC v2, but just ordered a Jot (no DAC). Depending on how they compare with Bimby as input, one of them will pair with the Bimby and MrSpeakers Ether C Flows in my home office, the other will be exiled to work to amplify the output of an iBasso DX90 to feed a pair of MrSpeakers Alpha Prime. There will be an Asgard 2 for sale out of this no matter what...

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #837 of 6,473
Has anyone of you upgraded ODAC RevB to this one? I'm especially curious how different would Jotu be compared to ODAC with HD650s. :)

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #839 of 6,473
  OK, you just made me cave in 
rolleyes.gif
 Still waiting for my LC v2, but just ordered a Jot (no DAC). Depending on how they compare with Bimby as input, one of them will pair with the Bimby and MrSpeakers Ether C Flows in my home office, the other will be exiled to work to amplify the output of an iBasso DX90 to feed a pair of MrSpeakers Alpha Prime. There will be an Asgard 2 for sale out of this no matter what...

I've just made a similar transition. Replaced Asgard 2 with Jotunheim with Bimby as input.
Can't say how Jotunheim will compare with the LC v2, but Jotunheim > Asgard 2 in every way that I can tell. It is a fabulous combination. 

Edit: forgot to mention - using SE HD 600.

Edit 2: Only problem is that this now sounds better than my "primary" stereo speaker setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back