Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #2,881 of 2,952
Yeah, I understand that they are different devices capable of doing different things, but in the case when they are used only as output and just to drive the studio monitors will there be any difference/advantage in using one over another?
What exactly do you hope to achieve? I would suggest to take your studio monitors to an audio shop and test several source devices on them. Then listen for yourself.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #2,884 of 2,952
Unfortunately looks like it won't work., I forgot to mention one thing. I need usb or usb c port and I can add ES9028 DAC module for Jot 2

On a budget, also look at Jotunheim A on closeout. IIRC this has passive (higher Z out) XLR pre-outs (you might want to inquire with Dynaudio to see if this is ok) as well as space for internal USB DAC module. Voltage change service for 230V can be added at ordering time, if you need it.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #2,885 of 2,952
Yeah, I understand that they are different devices capable of doing different things, but in the case when they are used only as output and just to drive the studio monitors will there be any difference/advantage in using one over another?
If it's mainly for your monitors, then get the Jot2, since the amp in your monitors will get a nice clean signal, and as a bonus you get a great headphone amp.

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #2,889 of 2,952
Want to ask does anyone has the hiss noise with the jot2?
Hoping to find a way to solve it..
Mine has none. You may have to send it in for evaluation. Or email Schiit.

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #2,890 of 2,952
Mine is also completely silent. Granted, I haven't tried listening to IEMs on high gain or anything like that, but yeah, silence should be perfectly achievable.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #2,893 of 2,952
Thanks for all those that chimed in on the noise floor of the Jot2. Love this community. I’ve been considering a Schiit stack with a Bifrost2/64 and a Jot2, but I’ve been hesitant to go for it because I have far more IEMs than headphones. I’m really interested in giving multibit a try but would prefer a system that can drive both IEMs and full-sized planar and dynamic driver headphones. It seems that balanced is the way to go which takes the modi multibit out of the equation.
I’m looking for a system that’s a bit more euphonic/fun/dynamic than the sources that I have now (Hugo 2 and iBasso DX220 MAX).

Any recommendations of how to go forward from here would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #2,894 of 2,952
Thanks for all those that chimed in on the noise floor of the Jot2. Love this community. I’ve been considering a Schiit stack with a Bifrost2/64 and a Jot2, but I’ve been hesitant to go for it because I have far more IEMs than headphones. I’m really interested in giving multibit a try but would prefer a system that can drive both IEMs and full-sized planar and dynamic driver headphones. It seems that balanced is the way to go which takes the modi multibit out of the equation.
I’m looking for a system that’s a bit more euphonic/fun/dynamic than the sources that I have now (Hugo 2 and iBasso DX220 MAX).

Any recommendations of how to go forward from here would be greatly appreciated.
I have the jot2/bifrost2/64 combo and a good number of iems. I have yet to hear any noise from the balanced hp out. I don’t have any super sensitive sets like andromeda though. The jot2 is hard to beat for the price.

It’s not as powerful, but the xduoo ta-20 plus would be worth considering. The Geshelli Archel 3 pro gets a lot of praise, but I have no idea how it fares with iem’s.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #2,895 of 2,952
I have the Jot2, Bifrost 2/64, along with the Lokius tone control unit. All have balanced connects, and my headphones use the balanced
cable too. Couldn't be happier! The Lokius is the icing on the cake. Really superb for dialing in your music. My streamer is the ifi Stream, streaming Tidal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back