Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #2,911 of 2,952
Anyone have noticeable channel imbalance on their Jotunheim 2? Mine pushes audio about two hours to the right with the knob below ~11 o'clock. After that, it evens out. My Midgard has practically zero imbalance even down past 9 o'clock, and my Vali 2++ has minor imbalance until around 9 o'clock.
Mine is fine.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #2,912 of 2,952
Mar 12, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #2,914 of 2,952
I love Schiit stuff. So far all of my orders have been without any issues (jinx).

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #2,916 of 2,952
Sounds like I got a Jot2 with a bad pot. I've emailed Schiit and hope to swap out the unit since it's within the return window.

In the meantime, I absolutely love the amp. But the headphones I've been having the most fun with the Jot2 might surprise you — not ZMF, Dan Clark Audio, or Focal, but KSC75's with Yaxi pads. I've never heard this $25 set of headphones/earphones/whatever sound so layered, separated, and enjoyable. There's something about this $400 amp with $25 headphone combo that's special and fun. If you have a set of Koss sitting around, it's worth revisiting them with the Jot2 for sure.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #2,917 of 2,952
Recently went from a Modius E + Magnius stack to Modius E + Jot 2 and I am head over heels for this amp. Running the HE6se V2 off of it daily with plenty of bass and low end extension. Staging is significantly better and the technical performance has not been diminished. Additionally high frequencies present less sharp than on the Magnius. A few nights before buying the Jot 2, I picked up an Asgard 3 off a discord group, on monday the A3 made it in. Over the past 24 hours of AB'ing them I have packed up the Asgard 3.
SE performance on the Asgard 3 seems to be a hair better but overall playback is cleaner on the Jot 2. It's crazy this unit is only $400 retail and even less on the used market. Super happy with this pick up.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 203738.png

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #2,918 of 2,952
Recently went from a Modius E + Magnius stack to Modius E + Jot 2 and I am head over heels for this amp. Running the HE6se V2 off of it daily with plenty of bass and low end extension. Staging is significantly better and the technical performance has not been diminished. Additionally high frequencies present less sharp than on the Magnius. A few nights before buying the Jot 2, I picked up an Asgard 3 off a discord group, on monday the A3 made it in. Over the past 24 hours of AB'ing them I have packed up the Asgard 3.
SE performance on the Asgard 3 seems to be a hair better but overall playback is cleaner on the Jot 2. It's crazy this unit is only $400 retail and even less on the used market. Super happy with this pick up.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 203738.png
Agreed. My Asgard 3 is also packed up after getting the Jot 2. Great amp for the money.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #2,919 of 2,952
Jot 2 is great because of the SE as well. I preferred the SE out on Jot 2 compared to piety. Even with pietus Maximus being such a great amp I will never let the jot 2 go. Jack or all trades amp that actually sounds incredible.

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #2,920 of 2,952
Jot 2 is great because of the SE as well. I preferred the SE out on Jot 2 compared to piety. Even with pietus Maximus being such a great amp I will never let the jot 2 go. Jack or all trades amp that actually sounds incredible.

I think the Pietus is my favorite out of the bunch at the moment. Brings the same high level of playback that you get with the Jot 2 but with the additional NITSCH magic. Wish it came balanced but I don't want to even think about what that price tag would come in at. Love them both for their own reasons.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #2,921 of 2,952
I think the Pietus is my favorite out of the bunch at the moment. Brings the same high level of playback that you get with the Jot 2 but with the additional NITSCH magic. Wish it came balanced but I don't want to even think about what that price tag would come in at. Love them both for their own reasons.
3 great amps all derived from Jot 2.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #2,922 of 2,952
I got my Jot 2 in Sept 2017, and kept and loved it until its 5 yr warranty was up, and the mj3 was released. Never an issue, and the purchaser seems to be still enjoying it. No relevant channel imbalance to speak of, at least not at my input level. Great product overall imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back