Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #452 of 2,957
Jan 22, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #454 of 2,957
I'm on the same boat. Lots of grains of salt, since it's hard to test most stuff.

This Jot2, as an example, now it isthe best thing ever, it is better than sliced bread. Reminds me of the first soncoz dac; huge hype, but after first units were delivered, not that that that great really, kind of shouty nuanced ess sound really.

So this jot 2 guy, by june we can know if it is actually good, doesnt break, no faults in design, construction, production... Ton of grain of salt all the time, LOL!!?

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #455 of 2,957
I'm on the same boat. Lots of grains of salt, since it's hard to test most stuff.

This Jot2, as an example, now it isthe best thing ever, it is better than sliced bread. Reminds me of the first soncoz dac; huge hype, but after first units were delivered, not that that that great really, kind of shouty nuanced ess sound really.

So this jot 2 guy, by june we can know if it is actually good, doesnt break, no faults in design, construction, production... Ton of grain of salt all the time, LOL!!?
I take my own skepticism with the pinch of salt too 😄 Testing is actually very easy for those living in the USA for example. Just about every manufacturer has return policy.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #456 of 2,957
😂😂 Eng is not my native language. Sorry for poor english. I just tried to express mysel
Never apologize for you being you.

In the immortal words of Dr. Johnny Fever; booger... !

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #457 of 2,957
I ended up going in for a Jot 2 as an upgrade from an Asgard 3 for balanced output. For anyone who had both, do the volume pots feel different? The A3 pot was already pretty good but I can't tell what the big difference between the two are.

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #458 of 2,957
I ended up going in for a Jot 2 as an upgrade from an Asgard 3 for balanced output. For anyone who had both, do the volume pots feel different? The A3 pot was already pretty good but I can't tell what the big difference between the two are.

welcome to the Head-fi and to the Schiit threads. :L3000:

both Asgard 3 and Jot 2 have same type of 27mm Alps volume pot, so both should be very smooth and have good channel tracking over the entire volume range. A3 is 2-gang, while Jot 2 is 4-gang, so might need slightly more torque to turn it.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #459 of 2,957
I was going to get a Mjolnir 2 but then Lyr 3 came out and fit on my desk better. Gungnir Multibit > Mjolnir 2 > Aeon open was a really amazing combo with extremely satisfying bass. It had an immediate wow factor and I'd love to hear this setup again, but it wasn't at CanJam 2020.

Bought Ragnarok and Yggdrasil in 2017. Bought Jot 1 in 2018. Sold both Ragnarok and Jot 1 since. Maybe should have kept Ragnarok as it could be a spare amp for my speakers.

Now bought Mjolnir2 two weeks ago and love it. It's a keeper with Yggdrasil but now using Questyle CMA 12 dac into MJ2. Headphones are Hekse, LCD-3f and LCD-X.

Am wondering about Jot 2. Jot 1 was very powerful but treble is a bit much and need to be carefully match. Lovely with Atticus.

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #460 of 2,957
Bought Ragnarok and Yggdrasil in 2017. Bought Jot 1 in 2018. Sold both Ragnarok and Jot 1 since. Maybe should have kept Ragnarok as it could be a spare amp for my speakers.

Now bought Mjolnir2 two weeks ago and love it. It's a keeper with Yggdrasil but now using Questyle CMA 12 dac into MJ2. Headphones are Hekse, LCD-3f and LCD-X.

Am wondering about Jot 2. Jot 1 was very powerful but treble is a bit much and need to be carefully match. Lovely with Atticus.

I had my Jot 2 for a couple of weeks but only listened to it for a few hours and let it burn in 20 hours.
I never found the treble on my Jot 1 too bright but still find it too bright on the Jot 2.
Every time I listen I focus on the cymbals, pretty irritating.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #461 of 2,957
I had my Jot 2 for a couple of weeks but only listened to it for a few hours and let it burn in 20 hours.
I never found the treble on my Jot 1 too bright but still find it too bright on the Jot 2.
Every time I listen I focus on the cymbals, pretty irritating.
Jot2 was very bright to the point of being unlistenable for the first 50 hours or so. Specially listening to string instruments was a pain. Thereafter it smoothed out appreciably so now it is a pleasure. Arya and T1 2nd sound very nice through Jot2, but I still prefer them on OTL amp.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #462 of 2,957
Jot2 was very bright to the point of being unlistenable for the first 50 hours or so. Specially listening to string instruments was a pain. Thereafter it smoothed out appreciably so now it is a pleasure. Arya and T1 2nd sound very nice through Jot2, but I still prefer them on OTL amp.

Yes, I heard a few other people saying that it was gone with burn in and certainly hope so, you're the first one daring to mention that it was unlistenable, exactly my thoughts when I heard the cymbals through everything.

But still, the Jot 1 was well regarded before and all the sudden it became bright after the Jot 2 came out. A bit of a hype train for the Jot 2? Not saying that the Jot 2 will be bad, just the Jot 1 doesn't need to be destroyed for that. Not directed towards you or anyone else in particular, just read too much about bright Jot 1's in the past month.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #463 of 2,957
Yes, I heard a few other people saying that it was gone with burn in and certainly hope so, you're the first one daring to mention that it was unlistenable, exactly my thoughts when I heard the cymbals through everything.

But still, the Jot 1 was well regarded before and all the sudden it became bright after the Jot 2 came out. A bit of a hype train for the Jot 2? Not saying that the Jot 2 will be bad, just the Jot 1 doesn't need to be destroyed for that. Not directed towards you or anyone else in particular, just read too much about bright Jot 1's in the past month.
Never heard Jot1 myself, only read number of reviews, and most were very positive. My intention was to get Jot1 when this new model came out.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #464 of 2,957
Never heard Jot1 myself, only read number of reviews, and most were very positive. My intention was to get Jot1 when this new model came out.

It was a really good amp, certainly at it's price point but we hear that a lot. For the midrange Schiit products I certainly mean it, I had much more expensive gear that I didn't like. I wasn't a fan of the smaller Schiit series and never heard the big ones.

What I did hear with the Jot 2 that I immediately liked was the smooth midrange and wider soundstage. Bass is about the same to me on both amps, well controlled.
Gonna leave it burning in again 'till tomorrow so I can get that treble tamed.
I'm using the Jot together with a Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3 by the way.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #465 of 2,957
It was a really good amp, certainly at it's price point but we hear that a lot. For the midrange Schiit products I certainly mean it, I had much more expensive gear that I didn't like. I wasn't a fan of the smaller Schiit series and never heard the big ones.

What I did hear with the Jot 2 that I immediately liked was the smooth midrange and wider soundstage. Bass is about the same to me on both amps, well controlled.
Gonna leave it burning in again 'till tomorrow so I can get that treble tamed.
I'm using the Jot together with a Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3 by the way.
What headphones are you using?
Sonore SystemOptique>NuPrime DAC-10>Jot2/Valhalla2 on my side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back