Schiit Hits the Fan! Valhalla 2, Lyr 2 announced, Wyrd and Mani Previewed.
Jun 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #123 of 224
  Any word on whether the Wyrd comes with a USB cable? Also noticed that there isn't a shot of the internal PCB, would be interested in seeing how it's doing what it is doing.

It does not. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #124 of 224
Jun 26, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #125 of 224
Oh Schiit! I just ordered a Valhalla from Amazon presuming it had been a month and not seeing anything specifying Valhalla 2. Did I screw up? Will I be shipped the old Valhalla? If so, i'll cancel and order direct.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #127 of 224
Hot dog! Got my Valhalla2, been listening to it the last 2+ hours. Frickin great! Best I've heard my headphones sound. Switchable gain is wonderful to have. Been listening to 300 ohm and 32 ohm headphones, flip the switch and it is exactly right for each of them, no noise. And no microphonics from these tubes either.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #129 of 224
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #130 of 224
Beautiful with the Senns.  Was also listening through NAD HP50's, and using the low gain setting, they are superb too.  I started off with some hi rez Coltrane, and (Little) Jimmy Scott.  Then hopped around, John Lee Hooker,  David Johansen (and the Harry Smiths), the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and The Weeknd.  It's clean and detailed yet no hint of harshness, just full of information.  I'm not worried about "burning in", since the amp sounds so good now.  If it gets better then bo-NUS!

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #131 of 224
Beautiful with the Senns.  Was also listening through NAD HP50's, and using the low gain setting, they are superb too.  I started off with some hi rez Coltrane, and (Little) Jimmy Scott.  Then hopped around, John Lee Hooker,  David Johansen (and the Harry Smiths), the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and The Weeknd.  It's clean and detailed yet no hint of harshness, just full of information.  I'm not worried about "burning in", since the amp sounds so good now.  If it gets better then bo-NUS!

I don't care what all these Engineers have to say, tubes do burn in damit :grimacing:!!! Your V2 should improve dramatically, the best is yet to come, and your Wife is going to love tube rolling, Maryna wonders why I keep paying money to have those Soviet relics shipped to me from Kiev.

She is working tonight, so some serious music play, Procol Harum, Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers, the Dead, now a bit of Mahler to close out the night :beers:.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #132 of 224
Hot dog! Got my Valhalla2, been listening to it the last 2+ hours. Frickin great! Best I've heard my headphones sound. Switchable gain is wonderful to have. Been listening to 300 ohm and 32 ohm headphones, flip the switch and it is exactly right for each of them, no noise. And no microphonics from these tubes either.

Amazing, congrats!

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #134 of 224
I don't care what all these Engineers have to say, tubes do burn in damit :grimacing:!!! Your V2 should improve dramatically, the best is yet to come, and your Wife is going to love tube rolling, Maryna wonders why I keep paying money to have those Soviet relics shipped to me from Kiev.

She is working tonight, so some serious music play, Procol Harum, Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers, the Dead, now a bit of Mahler to close out the night :beers:.

Miranda Lee Richards, Light of X album, sounding sweet. Also wonderfully quiet vinyl on The War on Drugs, Lost in a dream album, a good one to get lost in. Tricky, Maxinquaye album, an old favorite, heard a new vocal line on that through the V2 & hd600's today.

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #135 of 224
Miranda Lee Richards, Light of X album, sounding sweet. Also wonderfully quiet vinyl on The War on Drugs, Lost in a dream album, a good one to get lost in. Tricky, Maxinquaye album, an old favorite, heard a new vocal line on that through the V2 & hd600's today.

War on Drugs, will give them a listen tonight. I would love to compare the 600's to the 650's sometime. Enjoy the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back