Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #148,576 of 151,002
Gregg Allman's Southern Blood was released four months after he passed. It was pretty clear from the song choices that he knew the end was near.
Great album FWIW.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #148,577 of 151,002
Has anybody here ever listened to Tekton speakers?
I have a pair of Uruz, bucking the typical Tekton trend with a ribbon tweeter instead. They're hooked to a TV in what I'd consider my 4th or 5th audio setup, doing a fine job. Typical high efficiency, big paper cone, just a wee bit shouty.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #148,578 of 151,002
Besides Ripper and ThorCorps, there are at least two other Tekton owners on this thread that I'm aware of.

I'll say. I have. Not for me.
Be careful or he'll name you in his suit. :scream:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #148,579 of 151,002
Eric released a video to help 'set the record straight' and likely made things worse. In it he stated he is not suing anyone. No formal lawsuit has been filed and he's only having his attorney reach out to their attorney to see how they can come to a workable solution.

I think maybe he needs to step back as the 'face of the company' and stick to engineering. This does not look good for him and Tekton at all. 'Butt Hurt' certainly fits the Bill -- at least as it relates to Erin's Corner. I don't know anything about his beef with ASR but suspect Amir had it coming. :D

I own Tekton Lore reference and am quite happy with them.

There's been chatter about this on other forums. According to that, ASR apparently stepped in to defend Erin and support Erin's speaker measurements, as matching their own results.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #148,581 of 151,002
I love his music, but have deliberately avoided that album, for that very reason. I suppose eventually I need to suck it up and listen.

I first heard the album shortly after losing one of my parents, so it may have had deeper impact. I had to pause it a few times between start and end, then immediately started over and listened non-stop. The album is brooding, contemplative, questioning, yet I remember chuckling a few times at his sense of humor.

Yeah, but not like Bowie did. Literally he died (Jan 10, 2016) two days after releasing Blackstar (Jan 8, 2016). At least, I can't think of another example like that.

Per Wikipedia: "You Want It Darker is the fourteenth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen, released on October 21, 2016, by Columbia Records, 17 days before Cohen's death."

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #148,582 of 151,002
A friend's big black Double Impacts that were recently replaced by Tannoy Turnberry speakers. They were driven first by a Raven Audio tube amp, later on by a PrimaLuna Evo 300 tube integrated amp. Good clear midrange and highs - great for jazz - but were always lacking in low end energy and presence. I disliked the finish on them and I felt that the overall aesthetic was very plain and ho-hum, despite that interesting tweeter array. Overall, I wouldn't ever shop for Tektons - just not my vibe in a speaker at all.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #148,584 of 151,002
• I believe that @bcowen has Tekton loudspeakers in his 'big rig' system.
• How that system is installed is beyond me 🤔😳:
IMG_7853.jpeg

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #148,585 of 151,002
Never forget, Krispy Kremes come in a cardboard box! At least that's how we always got ours 55+ years ago. I still can not eat one without Cashew Guilt overcoming me like a Tidal Wave! Mom is looking down on me and laughing.:L3000::beerchug:

... So? Eat the whole box! Guilt be damned! 😋🤪🤣😋🤪🤣...

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #148,587 of 151,002
This is an interesting quirk of language.
"he loved her still" is a double entendre.
However, not when you flip the gender. Neither "she loved him still" nor "she loved his still" works the same way.
LOLOL! I definitely had not read "her still" as talking about an object. It's Friday, I'm tired, and I need a drink! Or three. 🤣

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #148,588 of 151,002
This post can definitely be deleted if it's inappropriate but I wanted to let folks who are well-distanced from a Total Wine store know that Oregon Spirit's online purchasing portal is up and running - and it's listing only a few states they cannot ship to. It is operated through a third party who ships the actual product. I'm very excited about the potential to get our whiskey into more people's glasses! 😁

OSD Whiskey Online
Of course I live in one of the 3 stupid states they list they can't ship to :frowning2:

Are you kidding----??
Wishful thinking...

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #148,589 of 151,002
A friend's big black Double Impacts that were recently replaced by Tannoy Turnberry speakers. They were driven first by a Raven Audio tube amp, later on by a PrimaLuna Evo 300 tube integrated amp. Good clear midrange and highs - great for jazz - but were always lacking in low end energy and presence. I disliked the finish on them and I felt that the overall aesthetic was very plain and ho-hum, despite that interesting tweeter array. Overall, I wouldn't ever shop for Tektons - just not my vibe in a speaker at all.
I will add that when my friend put them up for sale online, they sold quickly and the buyer drove a pretty long way to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back