Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #148,565 of 150,209
Tough sledding, that. Good luck to him if that's the route he takes.
Yes, but there is no legal definition for "I feel butt-hurt." :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #148,567 of 150,209
Eric released a video to help 'set the record straight' and likely made things worse. In it he stated he is not suing anyone. No formal lawsuit has been filed and he's only having his attorney reach out to their attorney to see how they can come to a workable solution.

I think maybe he needs to step back as the 'face of the company' and stick to engineering. This does not look good for him and Tekton at all. 'Butt Hurt' certainly fits the bill -- at least as it relates to Erin's Corner. I don't know anything about his beef with ASR, but suspect Amir had it coming. :D

I own Tekton Lore Reference speakers and am quite happy with them.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #148,569 of 150,209
John Lennon released 'Double Fantasy' on November 17 and was assassinated on December 8, 1980.
We are talking about artists that knowing they were about to die, released an album near that event, as a good bye. I don't think your example is a valid one, except if you truly believe Lennon planned his own assassination.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #148,570 of 150,209
We are talking about artists that knowing they were about to die, released an album near that event, as a good bye. I don't think your example is a valid one, except if you truly believe Lennon planned his own assassination.
George Harrison released his last record 'Horse to the Water' a month before his death. Copyright was R.I.P. music. Glen Campbell released 'Adios' 2 months prior to his death.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #148,571 of 150,209
Alternative:
He was only a domestic beer drinker,

But she loved him still.
This is an interesting quirk of language.
"he loved her still" is a double entendre.
However, not when you flip the gender. Neither "she loved him still" nor "she loved his still" works the same way.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #148,572 of 150,209
Has anybody here ever listened to Tekton speakers?
I have Tekton Lores, purchased about 8 years ago. I like them or I wouldn't still have them, and nothing that unfolds in this debacle will make me like them less. That said, I strongly disagree and in fact even condemn Alexander's approach on this. It is bullying, pure and simple, and I despise bullies.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #148,573 of 150,209
Tough sledding, that. Good luck to him if that's the route he takes.

Spitballing here, but I think the intent is to make any reviewer think twice about posting anything remotely negative regardless of how honestly the conclusion was arrived at. It's similar to a SLAPP suit.

Gene at Audioholics has already declared Tekton dead to them and they will never be considered for review. Ye olde "Streisand effect" in action.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #148,574 of 150,209
Not a planned death but possibly a premonition. Lennon was carrying two tapes that night, the finished version of 'Walking on Thin Ice' and a demo he had recorded that evening that was intended to be his next single 'Lord Help Me To Help Myself' with lyrics..Well, I tried so hard to stay alive/But the angel of destruction keeps on hounding me, all around.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #148,575 of 150,209
Has anybody here ever listened to Tekton speakers?
I own a pair of Impact Monitors, they are now in my kid's room... He gets all my hand-me-down gear. I think they are good for what they are. They are not "giant killers" or other silly terms. They are a solid $2,000 monitor speaker that does an excellent job with scale, a good job with treble and mid, but has some problems with deep bass (to be expected with monitors).

They are not pretty to look at but were very enjoyable for most music. I have since moved into a bigger house with a dedicated listening room and upgraded to a new pair of Sonus faber towers which are gorgeous and on display in a room off our entry. While the Sonus faber are an upgrade in every way, its not a fair comparison, because they were many-times the price.

That said if you don't need to worry about looks, or the wife-acceptance-factor, my Tekton experience says they are a good value for the money and sound really good for their pricepoint. My kid is really enjoying them in his system, but mind you he is 11 :wink: .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back