Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #148,606 of 150,235
TGIF, folks!!! Tonight's Jazz/Funk/Soul recommendation...

1713569771159.png

And when you're ready to chill...

1713570318884.png

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #148,608 of 150,235
I never followed him or bought his music, but his passing slammed me harder than any other artist before or since. My only explanation is that his music was always present in some way; always original and timeless.

yep exactly my experience - I could not think why his passing hurt so much

One of the great things about streaming services is that you can get a broad intro to David Bowie without much effort ... and you should.

He changed direction quite a bit, so it's wise to sample early, mid and late career.

I liked Dark Star quite a bit ... re-listened to it just last night ... but it doesn't have some of the really memorable melodies I enjoy from Bowie.

Hunky Dory is probably my personal favorite, possibly because I listened to it a lot during my young formative years. (Edit/Add: Which is quite peculiar, because in general I do not much enjoy piano-centric rock/pop.) And by happenstance I have some new-today headphones to listen to, I think I'll crank it up and give that one a spin. Good idea, Doug, thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #148,609 of 150,235
I am a huge Bowie fan and have been since his earliest work. But my preference tends toward his more experimental stuff, like Scary Monsters, Low, or the later albums like Heathen. Dark Star is absolutely brilliant and poignant given that he knew he was dying. If all you know of his work is Ziggy Stardust or Let's Dance or Changes, you have not even scratched the surface.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #148,610 of 150,235
I'm a big rye fan, but have been unable to score any of yours. No matter, the quest continues!
Have you tried the 'BUY' option on our website yet? Do they ship to your state?

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #148,611 of 150,235
I grabbed a couple pairs of PYST 6" cables to form up a permanent connection for my suddenly burgeoning Schiit stack of a Heckuvadeal Magni+ (a moment of silence as it has been announced that fine model has now gone on to that great stack in the sky 😔) and a Loki+ I acquired from @Paladin79 (thanks ever so much, Tom!) and my old but still rockin' Topping D50S.

Question about them: Some RCAs have directional markings on them... does that matter, and do the PYST have them? I don't see any, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to confirm. :)

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #148,612 of 150,235
Yeah, but not like Bowie did. Literally he died (Jan 10, 2016) two days after releasing Blackstar (Jan 8, 2016). At least, I can't think of another example like that.
Warren Zevon's last album, The Wind, was released on August 26, 2003. He passed away on September 7th. Last song on the album: Keep Me in your Heart.

He knew his time was short. His previous album was entitled My Ride's Here.

And who can forget his great song, My Schiit's...well, you know.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #148,613 of 150,235
Question about them: Some RCAs have directional markings on them... does that matter, and do the PYST have them? I don't see any, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to confirm. :)
The directional markings are supposed to indicate in which way the ground runs in those cables for which it matters.

Sometimes they (the markings) just mean which direction the electrons like to boogie in. Happy electrons, happy tunes...

I don't know how to tell the difference between the two types of cables.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #148,614 of 150,235
To all my forum-mates who enjoy Bowie, I would recommend Seu Jorge's covers of Bowie. He is a Brazilian acoustic guitarist who did a few Bowie covers for the Bill Murray movie "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", then did a whole album. It is really enjoyable. I have seen him live too, its a good show.

P.S. Only listen if you are in the mood to chill, because his vibe is super-chill. Happy listening.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #148,616 of 150,235
I grabbed a couple pairs of PYST 6" cables to form up a permanent connection for my suddenly burgeoning Schiit stack of a Heckuvadeal Magni+ (a moment of silence as it has been announced that fine model has now gone on to that great stack in the sky 😔) and a Loki+ I acquired from @Paladin79 (thanks ever so much, Tom!) and my old but still rockin' Topping D50S.

It matters if there's a shield (or drain wire) connected at the source end and not at the destination end.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #148,617 of 150,235

PYST does not have directional markings, at least none of mine do. The only cables I have that do have directional markings are the World's Best Cables.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #148,620 of 150,235
I will add that when my friend put them up for sale online, they sold quickly and the buyer drove a pretty long way to get them.
They have a pretty long wait list (at least during Covid) as I bought my Dad some Lore References to downsize. Luckily not Decware long. Similar direct to consumer model like someone else we know - though with the occasional PR issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back