Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 16, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #148,111 of 151,783
Yeah, thanks... I just went downstairs to get a coffee, and my 2 year old Kitchen Aid 'fridge is making a loud knocking noise... I hope that's the defrost cycle and not a call for replacement.

So much for Whirlpool, I guess. Next?
Ours does that too on occasion. We don't have a water line connected for the ice maker and I 'think' it's the ice mech trying to make ice.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #148,113 of 151,783
Probably not in mono block setup. I've had BR08's and now 40th anniversary Antals, and they work well in small/medium room with single Aegir (I do not blast it) but was advised on two different forums not to bother getting a second. If one isn't enough it was Vidar time, but luckily one was enough. This is Aegir OG and I can't speak to the 2's. One Aegir OG should be fine for bookshelf Triangles honestly.
Yeah, one is enough for those Triangles I know (running that now). But still curious if mono block setup would work well - since plan is eventually upgrade to bigger/better speakers. So therefore also curious on speakers that match well on that set up.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #148,114 of 151,783
Significantly better, but the BR08's were a steal for the price. The Antals were on $500 discount at the time and they gave me more than I paid on the BR08's as trade in at my local dealer so I kind of had to, but still feel like I should have kept for my family room tv setup.

Audio is always about chasing the next upgrade, but I'm lucky to at least be dead set on brands for my ears after all my experimenting (Schiit for DACs and amplification, ZMF for headphones, Triangle for speakers).
I only use tube power amps for serious listening and Schiit certainly offers tube headphone amps and I own or have owned many of them. I do still have two of their DACs as well. I do run some solid state amps for both mine and my wife’s shop as well as surround sound. Now as far as headphones I prefer Focal Utopia, for speakers Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, Klipsch, REL, and Elac. (Shop use).

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #148,115 of 151,783
T

That's the general consensus, but it was never revealed by Carly Simon, AFAIK.
She said the 2nd verse was about Beatty. A general belief is the song is about multiple relationships, maybe James Taylor and with irony, Mick Jagger singing backup on lines that may be about himself, and possibly/probably others may be implicated but unnamed. It's one of life's great mysteries.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #148,116 of 151,783
Add me to the list of people dealing with Samsung appliance issues. Odd that so many of this forum have had issues.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #148,117 of 151,783
She said the 2nd verse was about Beatty. A general belief is the song is about multiple relationships, maybe James Taylor and with irony, Mick Jagger singing backup on lines that may be about himself, and possibly/probably others may be implicated but unnamed. It's one of life's great mysteries.
Must be a realtively recent revelation. For years she was coy about it and would never say.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #148,118 of 151,783
Add me to the list of people dealing with Samsung appliance issues. Odd that so many of this forum have had issues.

I guess Schiit needs to start making kitchen appliances...! 🤣

ig_5.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #148,119 of 151,783
IMG_7770.jpeg

This is one of three sheets of tiger maple veneer I will use on the Thorens restoration. It has to be pretty before it joins the rest of my gear. I will practice with walnut veneer before making an attempt with the maple. 🤪🤪

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #148,120 of 151,783
I have a Samsung TV that has worked well for about 8 years now but have never had any Samsung appliances. But don't get me started on LG. I think the product engineers involved with their front-load washers should receive prison sentences. :rage:

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #148,121 of 151,783
I own a Samsung stove, refrigerator, and microwave. 5 years now and no issues. (Of course now that I've said that they'll all implode by the time I get home this evening.)

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #148,122 of 151,783
I have a Samsung TV that has worked well for about 8 years now but have never had any Samsung appliances. But don't get me started on LG. I think the product engineers involved with their front-load washers should receive prison sentences. :rage:
We still use a 40 year old Kenmore washer and dryer because of the horror stories I have heard about modern appliances. Oh and they can be worked on but you have to be careful when using some Chinese parts.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #148,123 of 151,783
The only thing that's odd about it is that it's Samsung fridges that are acting up for folks here, considering that it's LG who's been all over the media lately with their own nightmare of an engineering and customer relations snafu.

I guess Schiit needs to start making kitchen appliances...! 🤣

ig_5.jpg
The toaster. It will come.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #148,124 of 151,783
The only thing that's odd about it is that it's Samsung fridges that are acting up for folks here,
We do not have a through the door water or ice dispenser. Those seem to be very problematic with Samsung. Sales person recommended we avoid that type of configuration and I'm glad we did, given what I've heard and read.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #148,125 of 151,783
Yeah, one is enough for those Triangles I know (running that now). But still curious if mono block setup would work well - since plan is eventually upgrade to bigger/better speakers. So therefore also curious on speakers that match well on that set up.
Not for triangles, no. Would seek speakers that don't have such an ohms dip if you are dead set on Aegir monos. As I said, can't speak to Aegir 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back