Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #138,331 of 149,437

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #138,332 of 149,437
I like to refer Tom's boards as SERVING boards. Far too nice to do any actual cutting on them. :D
@Paladin79 and I have just agreed on a licensing arrangement that will allow him to provide a disposable, custom-fit cardboard cover to go on top of the board. This will prevent any marring of the board surface, and when done cutting for the day simply dispose of the cover. Initial pricing will be $499.00 (USD) for a pack of 6. 🤣

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #138,333 of 149,437
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #138,334 of 149,437
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #138,335 of 149,437
I would love to get a cutting board like that for my wife, but when I show her pictures of your work she says they are too pretty cut on.
Thus I call them charcuterie boards, food is served on them but I recommend a second small cutting board if using one of these for meats, cheeses, fruit, etc. I just caved and sold that one for $250 since the lady threw in homemade cookies lol. That board has some rare and expensive woods but I decided to work on higher end pieces and make less of them. Cutting boards I might use one or two nice stripes but generally I use oak, maple and hickory which are much less expensive. One lady just asked for one that went with her kitchen and it will be displayed but not used often.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #138,336 of 149,437
Aegir has a front panel push-button that de-biases the outputs. Idle current is low when in standby. Just like Tyr.
No need to do the Schiit ReachAround on those amps.
Ah I wasn't fulling explaining my thinking about the on/off. The Furman trigger gets around needing to explain to my wife that she needs to push three buttons on three devices before she can play music from Spotify. And she wasn't a fan of the extra amp to begin with.

The Furman makes it a single on, with the Peachtree PreDAC, which she is already familiar and trained with.

I would consider other Schiit gear like the Syn but the on/off situation is one of the "user flow" experiences I have to design around. I need to research other power filter devices like the Furman with triggered outlets that are smaller.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #138,337 of 149,437
@Paladin79 and I have just agreed on a licensing arrangement that will allow him to provide a disposable, custom-fit cardboard cover to go on top of the board. This will prevent any marring of the board surface, and when done cutting for the day simply dispose of the cover. Initial pricing will be $499.00 (USD) for a pack of 6. 🤣
We just need to presell a few hundred of those before we go into mass production. Bill will be busy with an exacto knife and a pair of scissors since the first batch will be custom made. Profits will be used to make sure the Balvenie distillery still has plenty of business, a very worthy cause.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #138,338 of 149,437
We just need to presell a few hundred of those before we go into mass production. Bill will be busy with an exacto knife and a pair of scissors since the first batch will be custom made. Profits will be used to make sure the Balvenie distillery still has plenty of business, a very worthy cause.

Are they cryo treated?

:sunglasses:
JC

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #138,339 of 149,437
I would love to get a cutting board like that for my wife, but when I show her pictures of your work she says they are too pretty cut on.
.... that probably didn't bother Lorena Bobbitt .... 😈 🤣🤣🤣

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #138,340 of 149,437
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #138,341 of 149,437
Ah I wasn't fulling explaining my thinking about the on/off. The Furman trigger gets around needing to explain to my wife that she needs to push three buttons on three devices before she can play music from Spotify. And she wasn't a fan of the extra amp to begin with.
Three buttons? It requires throwing a dozen switches to get my main system going.
Not to mention the eight remotes.
I need help, I know...

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #138,342 of 149,437
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #138,343 of 149,437
So, I feel like I recently read some reference to playlist transfers here but I wanted to ask specifically if anyone has experience with transferring playlists from Spotify over to Qobuz? I have to imagine there will be some number of missing songs because the Qobuz catalog isn't quite as robust, even though it's grown considerably over the 3 years I've been a subscriber.

I'd rather spend time with a company who is going to pay artists more fairly instead of giving all the money to Joe Rogan and who isn't still stuck in the yesteryear of lossy streaming. 🙄

Thanks for any pointers! :)

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #138,344 of 149,437
So, I feel like I recently read some reference to playlist transfers here but I wanted to ask specifically if anyone has experience with transferring playlists from Spotify over to Qobuz? I have to imagine there will be some number of missing songs because the Qobuz catalog isn't quite as robust, even though it's grown considerably over the 3 years I've been a subscriber.

I'd rather spend time with a company who is going to pay artists more fairly instead of giving all the money to Joe Rogan and who isn't still stuck in the yesteryear of lossy streaming. 🙄

Thanks for any pointers! :)
No direct experience between the two aforementioned platforms, but I have transferred playlists from YouTube Music over into Tidal. Tidal used a third party application to make the transfer. I thought it was a little odd at first (since you have to enter credentials... always find that off-putting) but after doing a little research, found that it was all on the up and up. YMMV

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #138,345 of 149,437
So, is there any reason why a Freya N would be inferior to the Valhalla 2 as a preamp into a Rekkr? I I would suspect the Freya should be superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back