Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #137,431 of 152,773
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #137,432 of 152,773
similar- but pure downhill with no stupidly dangerous ramps - this car is a carbon monocoque , full scale wind tunnel tested in the Lola facility and frequently hitting 60-80 MPH
Soap Box Derby on steroids!

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #137,434 of 152,773
Except for when your Gravity Racing !! which I do !!me (2).jpg
Me in the Gravity racer and I have been going rapidly downhill ever since !! erratic gravy.jpg
Does that dude with the blue towel run along in front furiously wiping as you go, like the dudes with the brooms in curling? 🤣

Seriously, looks like a lot of fun!

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #137,435 of 152,773
I originally posted this on the Loki Max thread a few days ago, but not sure if @Jason Stoddard monitors that thread. So sorry for the repost here but...

@Jason Stoddard question for you if you please. I'm a very happy owner of a Mjolnir-3 and a Vidar-2. I am considering adding a Lokius to my stack. In your FAQ for the Lokius you write "Lokius is an inductor-capacitor equalizer. Meaning it uses inductors. Inductors are coils of wire. Think of them like little antennas. They will pick up stray magnetic field from other components if they are too close." And in the FAQ for the Vidar-2 you write "It has serious power reserves, with a 600VA transformer and 40,000uF of filter capacitance..."

Due to the limitations of my space, the Lokius would have to sit next to (not on top of) the Vidar 2, maybe 3-4" of clear space between them. Is that what you'd consider too close? Thanks in advance.

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #137,436 of 152,773
Those of you that buy exact length cables, do you not change things much? Or do you just have a big box of different lengths that you pull from over time? That's always my concern with trying to get exact length cables.

Also, sit/stand desks will make cable organization painful. :D
I just make my own. Need one shorter at some point? Whack it. Need it longer? Well, harder. :laughing:

cord.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #137,437 of 152,773
Thanks for sharing this great pic @TedTopfer
What a fantastic looking system.
I agree about the Transporter.
It also changed the way I listened to music when I bought mine in 2007.
The guy I bought my used ATCs from, introduced me to the whole concept of ripping CDs to a networked hard drive, the ‘Squeezebox’ devices and software.
It was quite a challenge for a technophobe like me, but people on the Slim Devices forum helped me out in much the same way as the excellent forum members do here.
I am convinced that if the Transporter had been designed and built by a ‘high end’ audio manufacturer, rather than a small Silicon Valley company, it would have cost many times its initial price of around £1,100 in the UK.
Logitech didn’t know what to do with the Slim Devices business when they bought it, which was no surprise to me!
The Transporter was soon discontinued…
I remember cancelling my Stereophile subscription after this arrived, because clearly they were out of touch with the direction of modern audio systems. To their credit, they came out with a glowing review (Class A) a couple of months later.
The photo includes audio equipment that came from several different decades, and illustrates a life long fetish for silver finishes. I might have a problem ...

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #137,438 of 152,773
Does that dude with the blue towel run along in front furiously wiping as you go, like the dudes with the brooms in curling? 🤣

Seriously, looks like a lot of fun!
yes its great fun - and our fellow competitors are just a great group of folks !! - the UK gravity cars are a lot different to the American versions - evolution in action !!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #137,442 of 152,773
I originally posted this on the Loki Max thread a few days ago, but not sure if @Jason Stoddard monitors that thread. So sorry for the repost here but...

@Jason Stoddard question for you if you please. I'm a very happy owner of a Mjolnir-3 and a Vidar-2. I am considering adding a Lokius to my stack. In your FAQ for the Lokius you write "Lokius is an inductor-capacitor equalizer. Meaning it uses inductors. Inductors are coils of wire. Think of them like little antennas. They will pick up stray magnetic field from other components if they are too close." And in the FAQ for the Vidar-2 you write "It has serious power reserves, with a 600VA transformer and 40,000uF of filter capacitance..."

Due to the limitations of my space, the Lokius would have to sit next to (not on top of) the Vidar 2, maybe 3-4" of clear space between them. Is that what you'd consider too close? Thanks in advance.
Best way to find out is to try. They are not going to say you should, and in most cases if you check the manual they say you really shouldn't stack. A lot of us do it anyways, using spacers for a little more room. My Loki Max is under a Freya, which I'm sure they wouldn't recommend, but I get no interference.

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #137,444 of 152,773
I just make my own. Need one shorter at some point? Whack it. Need it longer? Well, harder. :laughing:

I don't think this is UL approved? :unamused:

** Before anyone undertakes such a task using Bill's specs/information, they should probably know that @bcowen is moving to OK because he burned his GA house down. Just sayin'.

OK. Maybe not, but only by the grace of God. :smirk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back