Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #135,466 of 152,722
Free rack , replaced it with brackets

Headed to Milwaukee tomorrow for the Celtics game and can't ship until next Tuesday, first response claims it

here is how it looks with 6 inch Schiit
Rack.png

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #135,469 of 152,722
That brings back fond memories. I sold a few of these in my audio sales hey-day (late 70's early 80's).

1704833892177.png

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #135,473 of 152,722
(Im)-patiently waiting for the Aegir 2 Chapter so here's an album discovery:

John DeVore recently reviewed and recommended an album on his YT channel and I gotta say, it's the best thing he's recommended so far. I hopped over to Bandcamp to check it out and didn't even make it through the second track before I was ordering the LP.

Vividly exciting combo of a very unusual duo of bass clarinet and electric cello. These are joined by other instruments in a predominantly modern jazz-ish mishmash of rhythms and melodies. It's got some killer deep bass notes and everything that goes up the frequency range from there. Seriously fun stuff here.

But the real pièce de résistance is the last track, a sublime performance of Bill Evans' 'Peace Piece', one that makes the LP purchase warranted all on its own. Cheers!

N to The Power
'Autogenesis' <--Qobuz
Xenotone Records

IMG_6224.jpeg

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #135,476 of 152,722
(Im)-patiently waiting for the Aegir 2 Chapter so here's an album discovery:

John DeVore recently reviewed and recommended an album on his YT channel and I gotta say, it's the best thing he's recommended so far. I hopped over to Bandcamp to check it out and didn't even make it through the second track before I was ordering the LP.

Vividly exciting combo of a very unusual duo of bass clarinet and electric cello. These are joined by other instruments in a predominantly modern jazz-ish mishmash of rhythms and melodies. It's got some killer deep bass notes and everything that goes up the frequency range from there. Seriously fun stuff here.

But the real pièce de résistance is the last track, a sublime performance of Bill Evans' 'Peace Piece', one that makes the LP purchase warranted all on its own. Cheers!

N to The Power
'Autogenesis' <--Qobuz
Xenotone Records

IMG_6224.jpeg
Listening to this on Tidal right now. 1/2 way through the first track and it's great. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #135,477 of 152,722
Anyone knows what type of bookshelf speaker pairs really well with the Tyr? Thanks!
I would first think about the kind of music you listen to and choose a loudspeaker well suited to that. The Tyr should drive whatever you want to use with it. :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #135,478 of 152,722
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back