Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #135,496 of 155,069
No, it's not.

I’ll politely disagree with you through gritted teeth. Look up the original usage and origin of woke. A certain segment of the political spectrum misappropriated it to make it a pejorative in order to suppress social progress. If you want to continue the discussion via PM, that’s fine. We’re veering deeply into an unfortunately divisive topic.

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #135,497 of 155,069
I believe that you will enjoy your relocation to Texas. There are a lot of positives in Texas compared to Bay Area California.
P. S. If you need any 707 tube tester restoration help, I am always available.
Sam

San Antonio is a fun town. Great people and a whole lot of history and tradition.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #135,499 of 155,069
Listening to this on Tidal right now. 1/2 way through the first track and it's great. Thanks for the recommendation!
I'm listening as well! You've started a movement!

Leo

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #135,500 of 155,069
I believe that you will enjoy your relocation to Texas. There are a lot of positives in Texas compared to Bay Area California.
P. S. If you need any 707 tube tester restoration help, I am always available.
Sam
San Antonio is a fun town. Great people and a whole lot of history and tradition.
This is highly appreciated.
You hear a lot of horror stories about Californians moving to Texas, and I'll make sure to get Texas plates for the car first chance I get.
But I'm hoping that my German accent will buy me some acceptance in the area. That, and the fact that I'm moving to Texas not because I want to turn Texas into California, but precisely because it is not California.

I generally hate moving, but I'm actually looking forward to this one!

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #135,501 of 155,069
I wish I have a larger room haha, but right now I only have a desktop setup, so only considering bookshelf speakers on desk
The Tyrs may be what these power-sucking Eminent Techs really need. Not exactly desktop friendly though.

1704841563812.png

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #135,505 of 155,069
You hear a lot of horror stories about Californians moving to Texas, and I'll make sure to get Texas plates for the car first chance I get.
But I'm hoping that my German accent will buy me some acceptance in the area. That, and the fact that I'm moving to Texas not because I want to turn Texas into California, but precisely because it is not California.

As far as Germanic Texas influence, please remember that Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz and his family are all from Frederickson, TX , and a museum exists. Many in that area still speak primarily German. You will do admirably in this new environment, unless you elect to associate with @Ripper2860 .

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #135,506 of 155,069

Nothing general about it for me. I hate every aspect of it. But looks like I'll be doing it again shortly to southern OK. Maybe you, @Ripper2860 and @macdonjh should lobby the state legislature to build the wall on TX's northern border? 🤣

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #135,507 of 155,069
Jan 9, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #135,508 of 155,069
Jan 9, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #135,509 of 155,069
As far as Germanic Texas influence, please remember that Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz and his family are all from Frederickson, TX , and a museum exists. Many in that area still speak primarily German. You will do admirably in this new environment, unless you elect to associate with @Ripper2860 .
FREDERICKSBURG, TX?

Maybe we can meetup at Luckenbach for a couple of beers. 😏

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #135,510 of 155,069
Nothing general about it for me. I hate every aspect of it. But looks like I'll be doing it again shortly to southern OK. Maybe you, @Ripper2860 and @macdonjh should lobby the state legislature to build the wall on TX's northern border? 🤣
Wow, the witness protection program is having problems hiding you? Or, do you just want to be closer to @Ripper2860 and his Texas BBQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back