Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 20, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #124,187 of 152,922
Did anyone else notice something curious on Mj3's product page, namely:

"Mjolnir 3 employs a super-simple, complementary-pair, discrete balanced differential topology we call Equipoise™."

Is this some sort of joke/reference? Jason didn't mention a new trademarked technology in the Mj3 chapter...and my googling only resulted in this:
Screenshot_20230818_224431_Chrome.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Likewise from the Kara spec sheet:

"Power Supply: One 48VA transformer with dual series regulated +/-32V rails with Quietude™ topology;"

Quiteude? Like a Whisperail? :)

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #124,190 of 152,922
You mean like Ragnarok 2?

I mean, except Ragnarok 2 has a single Nexus gain stage (better than preamp+power amp in one box), with switchable gain for headphone use, and a relay stepped attenuator, as well as modularity for the future.

Close.

Would love to see 150-300W into 4 Ohms in a Rag 3... possible?

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #124,191 of 152,922
Aug 20, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #124,192 of 152,922
Danger @bcowen ! Cardboard-icide reported in North Carolina!

Witnesses state that the victim, a KEF speaker box from the late 90's and made from the finest English materials, had been resting peacefully in an attic for the last 25 years, but was brutally extracted, then broken down flat and thrown into a truck. The body was later found at a local recycling center.

The perpetrator is still at large and was last seen wielding a large box cutter.

IMG_0133.jpeg

Aug 20, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #124,193 of 152,922
Danger @bcowen ! Cardboard-icide reported in North Carolina!

Witnesses state that the victim, a KEF speaker box from the late 90's and made from the finest English materials, had been resting peacefully in an attic for the last 25 years, but was brutally extracted, then broken down flat and thrown into a truck. The body was later found at a local recycling center.

The perpetrator is still at large and was last seen wielding a large box cutter.

IMG_0133.jpeg
Oooohhh. And originally sent to a dealer in Chapel Hill, aka the most heavenly place on earth! If the perpetrator can be found, they should be sentenced to 20 years in a Duke University dorm room. I'm usually not for cruel and unusual punishment, but this kinda deserves it. 🤣

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #124,194 of 152,922
CanJam weekend this weekend.

Erm… I just bought an excuse to buy a Valhalla…

It was an absolute pleasure meeting Zach, Beviin and Team.

Andrew
Alright, here it is at home. Sounding awesome with the Piety on a high gain setting.

They gave me a different finish than the earlier. Spalted Maple, which I prefer.
IMG_4364.jpeg

Andrew

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #124,195 of 152,922
Close.

Would love to see 150-300W into 4 Ohms in a Rag 3... possible?

Currently possible with the Ragnarok 2. Simply use the pre amp outputs into a pair of Tyrs.

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #124,196 of 152,922
Anyone stacking a Loki Max and an Urd? Thinking about getting the LMax but my space is limited. It’d have to either be on top of a HiFi Rose streamer or stacked above or below my Urd. Any input appreciated.
Jason has said, and the Loki Max manual states, that the Loki Max should not be stacked on other gear, nor should anything be stacked on it, because of the inductors. These coils can pick up noice from transformers in other gear.

I have both and URD and a Loki Max and they are fabulous pieces of gear. :smiley_cat:

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #124,197 of 152,922
Good Morning from North Carolina!

Just got off the phone with Grahm who is setting a Schiit Meet in central North Carolina.

In case you haven't seen this Jason will be here in North Carolina for a local Schiit Meet near Raleigh, NC.

Grahm aka @golfbravobravo has this link with the information:
Please let us know if you are planning to attend here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/res...rham-chapel-hill-nc-fall-schiit-meetup.967927

Its in Pittsboro, just south of Chapel Hill and about 35min from the KRDU airport.

Hope to meet many of you folks there!

I will bring some stuff and several headphones as well!!

See ya soon!!

Alex
:>)

September 9th, 11:00am to 3:30PM at:

79°West Innovation Hub​

120 Mosaic Blvd #120, Pittsboro, NC 27312.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #124,198 of 152,922
Oooohhh. And originally sent to a dealer in Chapel Hill, aka the most heavenly place on earth! If the perpetrator can be found, they should be sentenced to 20 years in a Duke University dorm room. I'm usually not for cruel and unusual punishment, but this kinda deserves it. 🤣
20 years in a girls dorm at Duke might not be so bad. :smirk_cat:

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #124,200 of 152,922
Jason has said, and the Loki Max manual states, that the Loki Max should not be stacked on other gear, nor should anything be stacked on it, because of the inductors. These coils can pick up noice from transformers in other gear.

I have both and URD and a Loki Max and they are fabulous pieces of gear. :smiley_cat:
They may be a little more explicit for the Loki but I think they technically say in the manuals for most of the gear not to stack. Most of us do anyways. I have a Freya N on top of my Max, no issues. Just used taller feet in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back