Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 4, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #104,926 of 149,761
Correct. When I turn the knob, it feels as if it’s scratching the case. However, ensuring there’s a slight gap fixed the issue. Now it’s smooth as ever. The new knob is definitely more premium feeling than the one that came with the Lokius.
Yeah, the Lokius knob was already nicer than Loki Mini too, but the new ones rock.

Any chance of a discount, @Jason Stoddard for owners looking to upgrade their Schiit?

I need 14 for all the Loki I own. I just bought a couple to check out for my Vali 2+.

Preferred for sure. Less shiny.
Woohoo! Santa FedEx arrived bearing a gift for me. It's the first time they met a weekend delivery ETA for me. Off to buy a lotto ticket and then time for tubes and tunes. 😀

20221204_160525.jpg
And yes. I've already rolled the factory gain tubes out. 😉

(Feeding my Rag OG via balanced as my amp for now.)
My plus hates it when I look at N pics. "Do you have to seem so interested?" is the usual comment.

My Modi came today as well, Schiit must be moving up in Fed Ex's good graces.

Dec 4, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #104,928 of 149,761
Yeah, the Lokius knob was already nicer than Loki Mini too, but the new ones rock.

Any chance of a discount, @Jason Stoddard for owners looking to upgrade their Schiit?

I need 14 for all the Loki I own. I just bought a couple to check out for my Vali 2+.

Preferred for sure. Less shiny.

I think another idea would be to sell the knobs as “bundles” (in addition to single knobs of course). So, from the drop down, we can select the “Lokius bundle”, ”Loki bundle”, etc.

Dec 5, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #104,929 of 149,761
So I was sitting thinking some people buy a lot of Schiit and then it occurred to me to count mine. Erm, if you include the Heresy which I sold as I preferred the Magni 3+, I have purchased 12 Schiit products. Guess I buy a lot of Schiit as well!
So, if I include the Asgard 2 that I sold to a friend and the 2/64 card, that makes 14.

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #104,931 of 149,761
I love my stereo!

That is all.

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #104,932 of 149,761
As for vinyl, doesn't it sell more than CDs to this day? I certainly prefer it overall as a medium. More fun to collect.

Per the most recent statistics I saw, total Sales DOLLARS for vinyl was somewhat higher than CD sales.

But the average sales price for new vinyl has to be 2x to 3x the average sales price for new CDs.

So in terms of units, I think CDs still have a big lead.

Thus which media-type sells more comes down to which definition you want to use.

Used CDs often run $2 or less at Goodwill stores, Salvation Army, thrift stores etc. But of course nothing goes to the artists who created the music in the first place.

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #104,935 of 149,761
Woohoo! Santa FedEx arrived bearing a gift for me. It's the first time they met a weekend delivery ETA for me. Off to buy a lotto ticket and then time for tubes and tunes. 😀

20221204_160525.jpg
And yes. I've already rolled the factory gain tubes out. 😉

(Feeding my Rag OG via balanced as my amp for now.)
Congrats
I am pretty sure my Santa Fedex will deliver few blocks away and i have to chase the package in cold 🤦‍♂️

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #104,936 of 149,761
Per the most recent statistics I saw, total Sales DOLLARS for vinyl was somewhat higher than CD sales.

But the average sales price for new vinyl has to be 2x to 3x the average sales price for new CDs.

So in terms of units, I think CDs still have a big lead.

Thus which media-type sells more comes down to which definition you want to use.

Used CDs often run $2 or less at Goodwill stores, Salvation Army, thrift stores etc. But of course nothing goes to the artists who created the music in the first place.
I believe I saw where vinyl sales were growing at a higher rate compared to CD sales but I am far too lazy to look it up a second time. :ksc75smile:

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #104,937 of 149,761
The FedEx website is useless for real info. I finally got hold of an agent and she let me know that the delay was because a flight was 93 minutes late. Good info - why couldn't the website show me this, and why the asinine "On time" graphic? She couldn't tell me when it would arrive. To add insult to injury, a Fed-Ex truck drove past my house twice in the past 10 minutes! I made sure to give the agent full-marks on the post-call survey. It can't be easy being in a job where the people who call in are rarely happy. Let's see if the FedEx Twitter customer service account can tell me when I can actually expect it!
I've posted on this before, but FedEx, UPS, & USPS all do bonehead things with their "logistics". It just depends on the the phases of the moon, planets, stars, etc. as to which one will screw up today. The one thing FedEx now does which blows me away is that they take a picture of the package they just dropped off at my door. That way, when I check tracking and see it was delivered, I actually have proof of it being delivered, well, at least a box was delivered. Now if it's not there when I get home from work, next is a call to the police to report the theft.

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #104,939 of 149,761

2021 was weird! We‘ve also been seeing new releases on cassette tapes. According to some serious investigative journalism found in the series of tubes:

”According to data from Billboard, 38% of all album sales in the country last year were in vinyl format, accounting for over 50% of all physical album sales. This marked the first time more vinyls were sold than CDs in the US since 1991.“
Don’t give the RIAA any ideas about overturning the first sale doctrine!

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #104,940 of 149,761
FedEx was supposed to deliver a pair of box’s on Friday. I ended up getting one yesterday and the other should be coming today. Hopefully. Oh, and thanks to Jason for the BF sale. I probably wouldn’t have gotten these without it. 9263F1DB-484A-4063-838F-44869B4B030E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back