Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 4, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #104,896 of 152,524
Would love to hand my desktop class D amp off to the kiddo and replace it with a BF2-sized Schiit AB amp.
BF-sized Tyr :-D Tyr's younger brothers are Heimdall and Baldur. You do the math :-D

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #104,897 of 152,524
Dec 4, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #104,898 of 152,524
... I won't have to go through this exercise in the future. ...
Knowing the reasons behind this, again I wish head-fi allowed for something other than "like."

I'm happy your misfortune has led to at least a somewhat positive experience.

That, and I'm looking forward to more movie recommendations from you!

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #104,899 of 152,524
We are just taking side dishes and my daughter is baking the turkey. I end up carving the turkey so I may take along my own knife this year. Not everyone has the same interpretation of what a sharp knife is. :ksc75smile: A great album by the way.
Still catching up on posts but this is a pet peeve of mine. I don't have top end sushi-sharp knives but I keep them decent and functional. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with sharp knives. I just don't know them. I'm always tempted to bring a knife sharpener when I visit... Nothing like helping out in a kitchen where someone is mashing through an onion with a dull steak knife.

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #104,900 of 152,524
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #104,901 of 152,524
Well, laugh if you must, but I bet class D will be done right eventually. Audio cognoscenti derided CD for years, but look at the last few pages of this forum alone: lots of posts about how great CD sounds and no mention of vinyl at all. There is a market for compact, energy efficient amplifiers, so eventually somebody will figure out how to make one which sounds good.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty much what I was saying (minus the CD part) 🤷‍♂️🤪

I mentioned Paul McGowan bc his company makes audiophile class D amps that supposedly sound fantastic. I'm a bit of a basshead anyway, and really enjoy the textured bass you can get from class D.

As for vinyl, doesn't it sell more than CDs to this day? I certainly prefer it overall as a medium. More fun to collect.

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #104,902 of 152,524
We put up our Christmas 🎄 right after Remembrance Day.

Mrs macdonjh showed extraordinary patience this year. In years past she's putting up our tree while I, or our indentured servants, are cleaning the Thanksgiving dishes. Well, OK, not really, but we do usually put our Christmas decorations up during Thanksgiving weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #104,903 of 152,524
Well, laugh if you must, but I bet class D will be done right eventually. Audio cognoscenti derided CD for years, but look at the last few pages of this forum alone: lots of posts about how great CD sounds and no mention of vinyl at all. There is a market for compact, energy efficient amplifiers, so eventually somebody will figure out how to make one which sounds good.
Atmasphere agrees with you.

Once Jason and Mike figure out how to "de-assify" it (if they haven't already), I'm sure Schiit will throw their hat into the ring.

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #104,904 of 152,524
Mrs macdonjh showed extraordinary patience this year. In years past she's putting up our tree while I, or our indentured servants, are cleaning the Thanksgiving dishes. Wll, OK, not really, but we do usually put our Christmas decorations up during Thanksgiving weekend.
Canadian 🇨🇦 Thanksgiving 🦃 is in October, so probably a bit too early 😅 😜

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #104,905 of 152,524
Still catching up on posts but this is a pet peeve of mine. I don't have top end sushi-sharp knives but I keep them decent and functional. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with sharp knives. I just don't know them. I'm always tempted to bring a knife sharpener when I visit... Nothing like helping out in a kitchen where someone is mashing through an onion with a dull steak knife.
I got out my pocket knife one Thanksgiving cause it was sharp lol. True sushi knives are not easy to sharpen, it is practically an art form.🤪

This year was fine, I had given my daughter a quality carving set and a decent tool for honing.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #104,906 of 152,524
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #104,908 of 152,524
Woohoo! Santa FedEx arrived bearing a gift for me. It's the first time they met a weekend delivery ETA for me. Off to buy a lotto ticket and then time for tubes and tunes. 😀

20221204_160525.jpg

And yes. I've already rolled the factory gain tubes out. 😉

(Feeding my Rag OG via balanced as my amp for now.)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #104,910 of 152,524
Now hold on just a second.

I have immense problems with myself.

Not a one with Ort.

Don't scapegoat the self-hating!
Apologies, no offense intended.

I thought self hating was for some of us of a particular belief system that has no place in an audio forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back