Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 22, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #101,611 of 149,422
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)
Pages - I Get It from You

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #101,612 of 149,422
Wow. Appears that including me, nobody of any fame was born on my birthday. But alarmingly, "Karen" was the 3rd most popular baby name, and I'm approximately 276 years old in dog years. Thanks for making me look this up. :frowning2:
You had to look it up? I just looked up Boz Skaggs to see if he was still alive lol.

Now as far as RF and tube gear. I do not have my router near my audio gear, all cables are well shielded including ethernet, and when I remember I keep my cell phone away from the gear. A little tube phono preamp picks that up like crazy when I forget. I run five to seven pieces of tube gear at any given time so I am fairly cautious.

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #101,613 of 149,422
Pages - I Get It from You
I just added that to my play list, great choice.

I also have Al Green, Let's Stay Together.

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #101,614 of 149,422
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)
'Nothing to Fear' by Oingo-Boingo.

The following are lucky enough to share a birthday with me: James Dean, Jules Verne, Dmitri Mendeleev, Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, and Jack Lemmon. :D

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #101,615 of 149,422
Jazz of some strain, usually.

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #101,616 of 149,422
Jazz of some strain, usually.
I am trying to get my wife to like jazz but no luck so far. She mostly listens to classical and soft rock.

The album The Romantic by Taylor Ashton.....who is he you might ask? He is married to Rachael Price..

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #101,617 of 149,422
My mom swears by her Bose Sound Wave. It brings her as much joy as my kit brings me. Bose for the win. :)
I bought one for my 2nd mother-in-law who had no music in her house and was a country music fan (read: George Jones). Hooked her up with some MP3 CDs that would play for days and she was a happy camper. The SQ isn't so bad for the non-audiophile crowd ... to each, their own :)

Oct 22, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #101,618 of 149,422
'Nothing to Fear' by Oingo-Boingo.

The following are lucky enough to share a birthday with me: James Dean, Jules Verne, Dmitri Mendeleev, Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, and Jack Lemmon. :D
You forgot Vlad the Impaler. :laughing:

Oct 22, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #101,619 of 149,422
Oct 22, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #101,620 of 149,422
You had to look it up? I just looked up Boz Skaggs to see if he was still alive lol.

Yes, due to age it was buried deep in Google's archives.

Now as far as RF and tube gear. I do not have my router near my audio gear, all cables are well shielded including ethernet, and when I remember I keep my cell phone away from the gear. A little tube phono preamp picks that up like crazy when I forget. I run five to seven pieces of tube gear at any given time so I am fairly cautious.

Probably user error. 🤣🤣

Oct 22, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #101,621 of 149,422
Yes, due to age it was buried deep in Google's archives.

Probably user error. 🤣🤣
It is a borrowed Cary preamp that came in kit form. I first had to attach the internal ground wire that someone missed.🤪🤪

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #101,623 of 149,422
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #101,624 of 149,422
It is a borrowed Cary preamp that came in kit form. I first had to attach the internal ground wire that someone missed.🤪🤪
So that's what that wire was for? Who knew. I'll send you the other two dozen leftover parts and see if you can figure out where they're supposed to go. 🤣

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #101,625 of 149,422
I am fortunate I suppose, I can just go for SQ, even OPPO PM-1's are fine for me as far as fit and comfort.:beerchug:
I do not recall any complaints with the ear opening on the HD 800's and we had groups of fifty or more people doing blind listening so that may well be another good reason to use them. I am thinking DROP offered their version for $1,000 a pair at one point.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that for me, getting that perfect fit for long term listening is exceptionally difficult to find. And, when I do find it, I usually have to get up a few minutes later for something or another and I've lost the fit. When I first started down this rabbit trail, it was with my HD700s. That fit was PHENOMENAL. Too bad those high frequency ear spikes where hidden from view, but primed for immediate ear insertion when the appropriate song was played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back