Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 21, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #101,596 of 150,983
I own too many ZMF headphones: Verité closed (2x), Verité open (2x), Auteur, Atrium (In my defense, I split my time between two places). Atrium is the best all-rounder, Verité closed hits hardest, Auteur is the mellowest, Verité open is the most swinging for jazz.
One can not possess too much of what one enjoys/likes. I like Dobermans. For some one is too (not two, LOL!) many.

Now you have me wondering about this Verité Open as I am a Real Jazz enthusiast. Except when they go waaaaaay off and simply blow scales until returning to the melody. So hey! At least I can find comfort in knowing it ain't a golf thing.:beerchug:

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #101,597 of 150,983
One can not possess too much of what one enjoys/likes. I like Dobermans. For some one is too (not two, LOL!) many.

Now you have me wondering about this Verité Open as I am a Real Jazz enthusiast. Except when they go waaaaaay off and simply blow scales until returning to the melody. So hey! At least I can find comfort in knowing it ain't a golf thing.:beerchug:

I best not comment, it is late at night for me and Finnegan is yawning. Each of us prefer different transducers and I am happy with mine, finally.🤪🤪

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #101,598 of 150,983
Well, now I need to re-think the stereo rack. Amps on bottom, preamp above, DAC above that, transport above, and top shelf was shared between the Folkvangr, router, and Pi2AES streamer off a local SSD/Boston Pops on the radio for the 4th. I'm out of shelves for a Gadget!
A shelf for Pi2aes? (jeez i need to dust...)
IMG_3901.jpg

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #101,599 of 150,983
I best not comment, it is late at night for me and Finnegan is yawning. Each of us prefer different transducers and I am happy with mine, finally.🤪🤪
It is fine to like "golf". I have a couple brothers that like it. I am weird. I pretty much despire all sports, especially "professional" sports. But every one should like Dobermans.

If this was not about "golf" or even Dobies, it is still fine to laugh and lambast me. If I did not have a sense of humor I would never be in any photograph. Oh, wait! I do avoid having my picture taken...

ORT The Weak

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #101,600 of 150,983
IMG_3901.jpg
Its all 3 of them, and the stash of "work trip stuff" - travel pillow for the hotel, neck pillow for the flight, plug convertor, eye mask, usb batteries, passport, etc. So happy work travel has slowed down, and international travel especially - wasn't many trips, but bouncing towns (means countries almost always) every other day got real old real quick.

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #101,601 of 150,983
An honest man.🤪 My cables have looked the same. Eventually I will trade them out and run the previous through my ultrasonic cleaner I suppose.😉

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #101,602 of 150,983
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #101,603 of 150,983
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)
Diana Krall, live in Paris (I'm sure the 'look of love' is in your eyes anyway.....).

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #101,604 of 150,983
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other?
Peter Gabriel - So. That album paints with shadows.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #101,605 of 150,983
Well, now I need to re-think the stereo rack. Amps on bottom, preamp above, DAC above that, transport above, and top shelf was shared between the Folkvangr, router, and Pi2AES streamer off a local SSD/Boston Pops on the radio for the 4th. I'm out of shelves for a Gadget!
Routers are not friends to tube amps, if you have any. Some tubes are very sensitive to RF, and routers are RF sources. I organize my (tube) headphone systems to keep digital stuff as far as possible from the tubes, and routers much further away, with streamer(s) wired with Ethernet. Here's an example: the streamer (actually, HQPlayer NAA endpoint) is on the bottom right, USB to DAC above it, XLR from DAC to Goldpoint switcher, XLR from switcher to tube amp (top left) and solid-state amp (mid left). Surge protector powering everything bottom left. Ethernet switch (UniFi) far bottom left.

PXL_20220908_231527359.jpg

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #101,606 of 150,983
Try it out... high gain on the Asgard 3 is "too much" for my Grado SR325X, but I prefer it... always tune to your own ears
I agree @Plautus001
What sounds best to your ears, is the best:beyersmile:

It’s great to have the three output options on the Freya S.

I really think it is an audiophile bargain!

I don’t know of another Balanced preamp that comes close, even at many times the price.

I run mine Balanced (in and out), and in my system, 1x active buffer mode is my favourite.

It is a superb amp!

Hats off to Jason for a brilliant design.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #101,608 of 150,983
Easy: The Pretty Reckless — Going to Hell

… let's just say that my partners tend to be a bit … different. 😎

I share my birthday with Dave Holland, Walter Matthau, Theresa May, William Boeing, Zach Galifianakis, Severus Alexander, Paul Lorenzen — and my very own grandpa. I think that says everything you need to know about me. 😬

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #101,609 of 150,983
Easy: The Pretty Reckless — Going to Hell

… let's just say that my partners tend to be a bit … different. 😎

I share my birthday with Dave Holland, Walter Matthau, Theresa May, William Boeing, Zach Galifianakis, Severus Alexander, Paul Lorenzen — and my very own grandpa. I think that says everything you need to know about me. 😬
Wow. Appears that including me, nobody of any fame was born on my birthday. But alarmingly, "Karen" was the 3rd most popular baby name, and I'm approximately 276 years old in dog years. Thanks for making me look this up. :frowning2:

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #101,610 of 150,983
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back