Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 18, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #101,296 of 151,658
Nice. Heavy duty cardboard too. But, do the volume knobs go to 11...?

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg
In Bill's case I tried to match the windmills in his mind, they just go round and round. :ksc75smile: I believe the pot on the left increases the volume, the one on the right lowers it or vice versa.

Oct 18, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #101,298 of 151,658
5C1CA852-3AC5-4F7D-A308-2F293A35F605.jpeg
Out of curiosity what 12AU7 tubes did you go for? I just got an amp that takes them so I am on the hunt for some good NOS ones
My current favorites are some Lansdales from 1952.

61AA12AF-74C3-4AC2-A3F7-47BBD661A64B.jpeg

Others I like as well are CIFTE and La Radiotechnique that I purchased to go with a PrimaLuna amp.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #101,300 of 151,658
Wow! I had to look that one up!
A friend gave me twelve pairs of various tubes including RFT, Lansdales, Brimars etc.

There are some on Ebay for $189 per tube, I was given two sets of the Lansdales.

I never forget a favor so I plan to make the gentleman a couple items including a custom chef's knife.

I tend to notice more of a clarity in the human voice as well as the accuracy in reproducing the sound of a piano when doing a quick listen. For more of a serious listen I have music that was specially recorded for tube comparisons. For right now it is more about enjoying the sound.

I also bought some hard to find French tubes from @FLTWS. I have a total of 20 pairs I can roll, all very well matched.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #101,301 of 151,658
Question for anyone that knows, I'm trying to make my first for sale post in the classified's. Is there some trick to enter the sale price? The + button is going to take forever.
I tried typing in the amount but that does not work, it keeps asking me for a number when I try to save.

And I could find anything in the FAC or tutorial about it.

Thanks

OK, I figured it out.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #101,302 of 151,658
Question for anyone that knows, I'm trying to make my first for sale post in the classified's. Is there some trick to enter the sale price? The + button is going to take forever.
I tried typing in the amount but that does not work, it keeps asking me for a number when I try to save.

Thanks
I'm guessing you're putting a currency indicator in there. Remove that. You can select the currency in the drop-down. Don't forget to select the prefix to the left of the title.

Oct 18, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #101,303 of 151,658
There was no box! It was just the raw board which had a data bus connector that allowed Dave to swap out a couple different daughter boards. I think he said one had everything running on a single FPGA and the other one had some of the code running on a FPGA and some of it running on some other kind of DSP chip (I think, don't quote me on this). It was still an early prototype.

From what I understood from an earlier conversation I had with Jason, it won't be launched with the cheapest version of it, or the most expensive. So it will be somewhere in the middle price wise. At least I believe that's the plan as of right now. And I think they're hoping to launch it sometime in 2023, at the earliest, so it's still a ways off.
Urd first, please.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #101,304 of 151,658
Thanks for the tube tips, I think those Lansdales might be a bit out of my price range though if a pair ends up at almost $400 :sweat_smile:

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #101,305 of 151,658

And I could find anything in the FAC or tutorial about it.

Thanks
Please note that anything @FLTWS has for sale is in remarkable condition. I opened a Melos headphone amp I got from him that was made in the early 90's and there was not a spec of dust to be found on the inside. No scratches on exterior, and we are talking something nearly 30 years old.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #101,306 of 151,658
Thanks for the tube tips, I think those Lansdales might be a bit out of my price range though if a pair ends up at almost $400 :sweat_smile:
I help others when I can and on occasion get rewarded myself. :ksc75smile: I love these tubes but doubt I would pay nearly $400 myself.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #101,309 of 151,658
OK fellas my Yggy is taken and I've got a backup list of inquires. I never thought t would go in about 10 minutes after I figured out how to list it for sale in the classifieds, LOL.
I hope I responded to all 12 of you who PM'd me with interest, if not I apologize. I'll be better prepared for the next piece of Schiit!

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #101,310 of 151,658
OK fellas my Yggy is taken and I've got a backup list of inquires. I never thought t would go in about 10 minutes after I figured out how to list it for sale in the classifieds, LOL.
I hope I responded to all 12 of you who PM'd me with interest, if not I apologize. I'll be better prepared for the next piece of Schiit!
I'm not surprised. Yggy is truly fantastic. Any chance to get one's hands on a well-kept used one is a chance one should always grab by the horns! ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back