Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #97,607 of 149,352
Then that is DEFINITELY @bcowen, given his prior arrests for indecent exposure, urinating in public, and public intoxication ! :astonished:
I had a good friend that was unfortunately an alcoholic. We were camping in a national park and he was up late by himself sitting at the campfire and wandered off to take a leak. The rangers came down the road and saw him and wrote him up for public urination and exposure and anything else they could think of. We MADE him sign the damn ticket so that he wouldn't get hauled off to jail in the middle of the night but he insisted that he would die before ever paying that ticket. Just so happens that his liver quit a few months later to make it true. So be very careful about that public urination because you never know where it might find you in the end.

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #97,608 of 149,352
Aug 5, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #97,611 of 149,352
I had a good friend that was unfortunately an alcoholic. We were camping in a national park and he was up late by himself sitting at the campfire and wandered off to take a leak. The rangers came down the road and saw him and wrote him up for public urination and exposure and anything else they could think of. We MADE him sign the damn ticket so that he wouldn't get hauled off to jail in the middle of the night but he insisted that he would die before ever paying that ticket. Just so happens that his liver quit a few months later to make it true. So be very careful about that public urination because you never know where it might find you in the end.
I only urinate on @Ripper2860 's lawn after he yells at me to get off it. 🤣

(note: he calls it a lawn, most of the rest of us would call it a weed garden)

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #97,612 of 149,352
I only urinate on @Ripper2860 's lawn after he yells at me to get off it. 🤣

(note: he calls it a lawn, most of the rest of us would call it a weed garden)
Given the heat we've had and the pounding my front lawn has taken because of it (westward facing), calling it a weed garden would be generous. :unamused:

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #97,613 of 149,352
My grass is so dry right now even the weeds have given up. I’m hoping they will move to the neighbors house. It’s where most of them came from anyway. 😤

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #97,614 of 149,352
I ordered the Bifrost upgrade last Saturday with a 4-6 week delay. Got a shipping notice today from Sage orders@instacct.com instead of order@schiit.com. How long has Schiit been using Sage accounting services? Does the product ship direct from Schiit or from a Sage warehouse?
Well, when I got my Vidars, they came from these guys:

IMG_1787.jpeg

p.s. - I am re-packing the Vidars to ship them off to my brother-in-law, and I wanted to preserve this...

/ds

@Jason Stoddard

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #97,615 of 149,352
My grass is so dry right now even the weeds have given up. I’m hoping they will move to the neighbors house. It’s where most of them came from anyway. 😤
LOL! I'm having the nutsedge wars here. If you've never dealt with it, it's a sickly green color, grows at about 3x the rate of the fescue or bermuda it invades, spreads unbelievably quickly, and Roundup won't touch it. Gotta buy special nutsedge killer that is expensive. My next door neighbor couldn't be bothered to care about it, so his entire backyard is basically a nutsedge farm that migrates to my yard almost weekly. Maybe I should try peeing on it. :laughing:

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #97,616 of 149,352
I upgraded from A1/Gen3 USB to A2/Unison USB, which equals OG, I believe. A1 was brighter, while A2 is more balanced, less aggressive in details. But still it is full of details and compared to Chord Hugo TT2, more transparent. Unison USB is finally usable. Previous USB implementations were simply not good enough, compared to AES.
I have not heard LiM or MiL. But I have a Unison, Analog 2 Yggy OG, and I can't imagine any DAC delivering a more engaging performance for less than the cost of a new Sub-Zero PRO4850.

But what do I know?

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #97,617 of 149,352
Is that the one from Brussels?

Don't they celebrate the day he put out a fire?

I was there over 30 years ago and may have a few too many pints
I was there last month and may have had quite a few too many pints... it's The Belgian Charm, damnit.

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #97,618 of 149,352
LOL! I'm having the nutsedge wars here. If you've never dealt with it, it's a sickly green color, grows at about 3x the rate of the fescue or bermuda it invades, spreads unbelievably quickly, and Roundup won't touch it. Gotta buy special nutsedge killer that is expensive. My next door neighbor couldn't be bothered to care about it, so his entire backyard is basically a nutsedge farm that migrates to my yard almost weekly. Maybe I should try peeing on it. :laughing:
https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/nutsedge/

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #97,619 of 149,352
I want to go to Brussels again one day for sure, great place and people.

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #97,620 of 149,352
SchiitrMeet August
Texas Audio Roundup Redux

Hey guys,

I know not everyone could make it to the Texas Audio Roundup, so here's your chance to come and see (hear) Lyr+ and Bifrost 2/64 (and Folkvangr, and Urd, of course), with a twist: we'll have both Bifrost and Bifrost 2/64 there so you can compare the two.

We'll also be doing video from the show, so if you have questions, feel free to ask. Some pre-answers: No, we don't know when Urd will be available (parts issues like everything else), sorry, yeah, the inexpensive True Multibit products are on indefinite hold due to DSP unavailability (but Bifrost and Yggdrasil are safe-ish), and yeah, there will be a couple other new things this year, including hopefully my wackiest idea yet. How wacky? So wacky that I haven't talked about it.

You know the drill for questions...send them to denise@schiit.com

SchiitrMeet August
Wednesday, August 10, 6PM PDT

Please join us at the Schiitr:

22508 Market Street
Newhall, CA 91321

Or for the video on Facebook or YouTube:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

All the best,
Jason

Might just leave work early for this. I’d love to hear the Lyr+ and the difference between the BF2 vs BF2/64 (even if I already have the upgrade card installed in my BF2).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back