Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #97,516 of 153,321
Yep...no harm in asking.

I faced a similar situation with the Bifrost OG; ended up keeping it and passing on the Bifrost 2. Saved some coin and am 'none the worse for the wear' :wink:

It's currently in a bedroom listening station paired with an Asgard 3...faithfully pumping out awesome tunes when called upon. Used the savings to purchase more music!

That said, I may have to consider the Bifrost 2/64, given the new technology; problem is I'd have to get a Lyr 3+ to pair with it! 1659554633633.png
I'm passing on 2/64 I think. I hear 'clear difference' and 'great specs' I get worried I'll prefer my rock and roll bf2.

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #97,517 of 153,321
I was recently fortunate enough to try the Yggy. I understand what you are saying. Interestingly, my BF2/64 card arrived today and when I started listening, your comments came to mind and, after 20 minutes of searching, I found them. This really is stunningly good and it has not only opened up, but the details are amazing. Slightly brighter than before, but not oppressively bright.
Do you have the Yggy OG? How does it compare to the BF2/64?

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #97,518 of 153,321
Confirming my status as a youngster in this group, I started with z8000 assembler (ok... 8086 then z8000).

Speaking of Z80's...

If you look at the page number of this reply.... 6502. This too was a very popular chip back in the day. Apple ][ and Commodore computers used it for the brains... Fondly remember Z80 as in TRS-80 and Timex Sinclair. Fun times.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #97,519 of 153,321
Yeah, the line has to be somewhere, and having at just a flat no seems a lot easier than giving a discount if you ordered within x days before the release (“we’ll why not x+1”, etc.). It’s frustrating, I definitely would have waited a bit longer, but that’s how it goes. I now have an endgame (for me) DAC that is upgradeable and I’ll be able to hold onto for a long time.
The way they proceeded with Lyr 3 was better. Stop sales, let everyone know a new one is coming in 4-6 weeks. I would say Schiit could gain a lot of customer satisfaction by also waiving the restocking fee for those within the 15 day return period (i.e., those who ordered up to 15 days prior to the stop sale / announcement).

Aug 3, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #97,520 of 153,321
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #97,521 of 153,321
ORT,

I truly appreciate the kinds words. While My Dad was a good father, he had issues, like most. Now, I do wonder if it was PTSD related? There was no term for it then. And while I do feel I'm an honorable person, it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay so. Current society is so stressful, and presents many examples of how not to act and behave, I have to wonder if honor and integrity still matter? Regardless, I'm too hard-headed to change, and will present what I feel is a good example to others, on how to just be nice to one another. I feel that's important, especially now...! 😀

Take care, and enjoy the music...! :ksc75smile:
I think the term used in and after WWII was "shell shock". There is still honor and integrity and it is not often seen but not so much because it is rare but that in the current zeitgeist, true heroism suffers an ignominious fate. Your father and many others like him deserve the homage of a grateful WORLD.

Enjoy your life's soundtrack too, my friend.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #97,522 of 153,321
The way they proceeded with Lyr 3 was better. Stop sales, let everyone know a new one is coming in 4-6 weeks. I would say Schiit could gain a lot of customer satisfaction by also waiving the restocking fee for those within the 15 day return period (i.e., those who ordered up to 15 days prior to the stop sale / announcement).
100% agree. I thought about it more and it seems like there should be some process if the customer is in the 15 day return window. The idea of returning a brand new BF2 just to buy a brand new BF2/64 plus paying shipping plus a restocking fee was a bit silly. But it also sucked to have to pay $300 for an upgrade to a DAC I had just purchased.

The Lyr+ was handled perfectly I think.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #97,523 of 153,321
100% agree. I thought about it more and it seems like there should be some process if the customer is in the 15 day return window. The idea of returning a brand new BF2 just to buy a brand new BF2/64 plus paying shipping plus a restocking fee was a bit silly. But it also sucked to have to pay $300 for an upgrade to a DAC I had just purchased.

The Lyr+ was handled perfectly I think.
I think you guys are completely out of your mind. You want that kind of service, go pay those kind of prices.

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #97,525 of 153,321
In my experience, it was Mimby and Yggy that were processing sound faster than the TV could process images, so the audio delay was the solution to the sync problem.
Interesting.

My setup is
TV to Yggrdrasil

How’s your connection chain?

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #97,526 of 153,321
I do believe that they are owned by VW nowadays......
Apart from Merecdes & BMW, it seems to me that most other notable European brands are owned, one way or another, by VW ... the platform is very good ... my SEAT Leon is quite remarkable for the money.

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #97,527 of 153,321
Do you have the Yggy OG? How does it compare to the BF2/64?
No, a friend has one, was able to try it with my Jot2 and Sundara and got a good feel for the extra detail and soundstage against the BF2 before the upgrade. My thought is that the upgrade is similar, the extra clarity to the details, without sacrificing musicality. Soundstage is much bigger than the old card, more like Yggy, without being as big. Also noticing that it's closer in terms of things like details on percussion.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #97,528 of 153,321
Yeah, the line has to be somewhere, and having at just a flat no seems a lot easier than giving a discount if you ordered within x days before the release (“we’ll why not x+1”, etc.). It’s frustrating, I definitely would have waited a bit longer, but that’s how it goes. I now have an endgame (for me) DAC that is upgradeable and I’ll be able to hold onto for a long time.
I bought a Lyr 3 literally days before the Lyr+ dropped. But I bought it used and it has the multibit card, so I’m thrilled I got it. I wanted the multibit card. I understand frustration from people but this is the case with all technology products. There will always be an upgrade.

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #97,529 of 153,321
I bought a Lyr 3 literally days before the Lyr+ dropped. But I bought it used and it has the multibit card, so I’m thrilled I got it. I wanted the multibit card. I understand frustration from people but this is the case with all technology products. There will always be an upgrade.
I understand the frustration too. But to suggest it is better to have bought an item, that is then suspended for two months, and then replaced, rather than buying an item that is immediately replaced as way to generate fairness to the buyer? Please explain how this works.

Also, since Schiit will likely lose sales to the competition during this period, please describe the impact on prices to the consumer.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #97,530 of 153,321
I understand the frustration too. But to suggest it is better to have bought an item, that is then suspended for two months, and then replaced, rather than buying an item that is immediately replaced as way to generate fairness to the buyer? Please explain how this works.

Also, since Schiit will likely lose sales to the competition during this period, please describe the impact on prices to the consumer.

My original point as well. Whereas I did not purchase the Bifrost 2 days before (actually 2 months), I was inquiring due to the fact that my "new" Bifrost 2 will end up costing me more with card than getting a new one (699+300) 999 vs a 2/64 799. I was asking what the policy is for something like this. Was informed the 15 day return has passed...so sorry.

This also questions....what did they do with the old stock Bifrost 2...just add the card and call it a 2/64?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back