Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 2, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #97,426 of 153,245
ORT,

I truly appreciate the kinds words. While My Dad was a good father, he had issues, like most. Now, I do wonder if it was PTSD related? There was no term for it then. And while I do feel I'm an honorable person, it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay so. Current society is so stressful, and presents many examples of how not to act and behave, I have wonder if honor and integrity still matter? Regardless, I'm too hard-headed to change, and will present what I feel is a good example to others, on how to just be nice to one another. I feel that's important, especially now...! 😀

Take care, and enjoy the music...! :ksc75smile:
This is exactly how I feel too! My dad served in the Pacific during WWII and would never talk about his experiences there, except for one 4th of July when I asked him about how the sounds of the big fireworks exploding compared to what he experienced. He simply said "They don't." I get annoyed by the people at work who, with a few exceptions, are quite a bit younger than myself (I was born on 12/31/64 so right at the very end of this group!). The complete lack of consideration they show just surprises me. One pet peeve is that people use the company-provided silverware for their lunch and just throw the utensils in the sink when there is a dishwasher two feet away. I could never act that way! That is just one example, but the concept is the same - just use a little "common" sense when you're around others. One saying my dad instilled in me was "Leave whatever you're doing better than how you found it." It's too bad so few of the later generations have heard this advice. :neutral_face:

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #97,427 of 153,245
This is exactly how I feel too! My dad served in the Pacific during WWII and would never talk about his experiences there, except for one 4th of July when I asked him about how the sounds of the big fireworks exploding compared to what he experienced. He simply said "They don't." I get annoyed by the people at work who, with a few exceptions, are quite a bit younger than myself (I was born on 12/31/64 so right at the very end of this group!). The complete lack of consideration they show just surprises me. One pet peeve is that people use the company-provided silverware for their lunch and just throw the utensils in the sink when there is a dishwasher two feet away. I could never act that way! That is just one example, but the concept is the same - just use a little "common" sense when you're around others. One saying my dad instilled in me was "Leave whatever you're doing better than how you found it." It's too bad so few of the later generations have heard this advice. :neutral_face:

"Leave whatever you're doing better than how you found it." That, and the Golden Rule, are enough for me.

I try to keep things simple. I'm not fancy or complicated. No shades of gray. It's all black and white to me. Less to worry about as such.

Oh yea, my wife's grandfather was a landing craft operator during D-Day. He once told me he didn't sleep for 6 days, while in the invasion, with carrying men and equipment on and off the beaches. Incredible. 😳

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #97,428 of 153,245
Just got notified that my BF2 board was delivered. Of course I have a work thing tonight.... So won't get to it until tomorrow.

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #97,429 of 153,245
“The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress.” Socrates
My dad thought all boomers were a bunch of spoiled whining brats as his father thought about my dad’s generation. Whatever.

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #97,430 of 153,245
"Leave whatever you're doing better than how you found it." That, and the Golden Rule, are enough for me.

I try to keep things simple. I'm not fancy or complicated. No shades of gray. It's all black and white to me. Less to worry about as such.

Oh yea, my wife's grandfather was a landing craft operator during D-Day. He once told me he didn't sleep for 6 days, while in the invasion, with carrying men and equipment on and off the beaches. Incredible. 😳

Yep!

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #97,431 of 153,245
“The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age.

Whatever. :unamused:

:D

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #97,432 of 153,245
“The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress.” Socrates
My dad thought all boomers were a bunch of spoiled whining brats as his father thought about my dad’s generation. Whatever.

Don't you dare try to take away my right to act old and crotchety...!!! 🤣

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #97,433 of 153,245
And from my experience driving Skodas for a few disconnected weeks in Europe, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar to the MQB Golf I have. Seat as well, which helped trying to squeeze through the parking garage in San Sebastian.
I do believe that they are owned by VW nowadays......

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #97,435 of 153,245
I do believe that they are owned by VW nowadays......
Yup, for some time now. VW owns - and shares platforms among - Porsche, Audi, Seat (who originally made Fiats in Spain,) Cupra (sportier Seat,) Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini and Ducati (bikes.) VW recently transferred Bugatti to electric car developer RIMAC, so new Bugs will be battery powered (Ettore is spinning in his grave.)

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #97,438 of 153,245
Schiit does excellent home theatre products... provided you realize a 2ch format can provide an awesome experience without all the gimmicks...

Im not sure about this, or maybe my setup.

From time to time I hook up my Yggdrasil to my tv via optica and I can notice some lag on the speaker output.

Im thinking of setting up a home theater that is 2 channel first; home theater second.

I know I may not be usinv my Yggdrasil/Frey/Aegirs as intended.

Maybe instead of TV to Yggdrasil to Freya a better solution would be TV to AV Receiver to Freya. Again im new to this HT

any recommendations are welcomed

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #97,439 of 153,245
Im not sure about this, or maybe my setup.

From time to time I hook up my Yggdrasil to my tv via optica and I can notice some lag on the speaker output.

Im thinking of setting up a home theater that is 2 channel first; home theater second.

I know I may not be usinv my Yggdrasil/Frey/Aegirs as intended.

Maybe instead of TV to Yggdrasil to Freya a better solution would be TV to AV Receiver to Freya. Again im new to this HT

any recommendations are welcomed

I've always wired source (and or DAC) to AVR to TV, in a HT system. I've never ran the audio signal to the TV first. I didn't want to risk degrading the audio. Plus, using an AVR to control the audio and video, usually adds the option to adjust audio delay, in order to sync picture to sound.

Good luck.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #97,440 of 153,245
I don't know if a billion-dollar lottery win would be a blessing or a curse? But, I think I'd personally like to find out...! 🤪
Perchek: Money is the world's curse

Tevia: May the Lord smite me with it! And may I never recover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back