Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 2, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #97,441 of 150,463
Perchek: Money is the world's curse

Tevia: May the Lord smite me with it! And may I never recover!
A favorite St. Augustine quote...

Give me chastity and continence, but not yet.

:)

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #97,443 of 150,463
I like it.

IMG_20220802_115408__01~2.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #97,445 of 150,463
And from my experience driving Skodas for a few disconnected weeks in Europe, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar to the MQB Golf I have. Seat as well, which helped trying to squeeze through the parking garage in San Sebastian.

As previously stated, yeah there's a reason for that. Depending on if they were an Octavia/Leon, the Skoda/Seat would have been based almost entirely on the same bits as the Golf.

Perhaps still slightly better than this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(sorry)

"Video not available in your country" Great!

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #97,450 of 150,463
I totally forgot Schiit uses FedEx home delivery for their basic shipping. Of the numerous packages I've had delivered by them (FE HD) over the years (mostly not by choice) only 1 has ever been on time and that was only because it was suppose to arrive on a Saturday, and that's the ONLY day I ever seem to receive anything from them. I've gotten a notice (electronic, not an actual tag on my door, I work from home so I'd know if they actually attempted a delivery) that "customer wasn't home or business was closed" SOOOO many times from them even on packages that don't require a signature. Only for it to magically arrive on Saturday EVERY single time... So frustrating.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #97,452 of 150,463
I do believe that they are owned by VW nowadays......
They are, but when the only difference on the interior between my car and the rental is piano black versus matte trim, or steering wheel button cruise control versus an extra stalk, and of course badging its not even different like the older Mercury versus Ford.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #97,453 of 150,463
Second post ever, hope I'm doing this correctly. I got my bifrost upgrade and just installed. The old card is a green board.
Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry for your wallet. (Ninja’d by @HK_sends)

green vs red is just soldermask color. historically >95% of all boards made used green. PCB fab house probably didn’t see callout for non-standard soldermask color.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #97,454 of 150,463
Perhaps still slightly better than this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(sorry)

"Video not available in your country" Great!
Sorry. As soon as my warped mind associated to it by way of the “Jones” theme, I searched for it in the YouTube app, pressed the share button and grabbed the link from there. Apparently those links are not as universal as I thought.

Anyway, the video is of the song “Dr. Jones” by aQua.

That's a blessing, not a curse
It very well could be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I do enjoy some of their songs, somewhat :ksc75smile:

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #97,455 of 150,463
@JasonStoddard. Hello Jason...quick question, I purchased a Bifrost 2 late April of this year and you released the new version 3 months later. Is there any way I would get a free upgrade?...or at least at a lower cost?

If I would have known you would have been offering a new version in 3 months, I would have waited

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back