Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #95,417 of 149,297
They're probably aligned with the nixie tube clock people and send you a handkerchief. 🤣
Scarf!!! Geez - can't you tell the difference between a handkerchief and a scarf?! :rolling_eyes:

This made me very sad. For those of us in Michigan the rivalry will never die!
As a huge SJ Sharks fan, since we sucked so badly (and did not make it to the playoffs) - I chose to root for Colorado to win the cup. Good job Avs!!

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #95,418 of 149,297
Well... no playoffs for my Canucks, but at least the Sedins and Luongo were selected for the Hall of Fame

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #95,420 of 149,297
"Wild West" by Lissie

The transients I get with the Tyrs, especially for the kick drum, still blows my mind. I've had them for three months, yet they still surprise me almost every night with how fantastic they sound.

They were a vanity purchase, but I have absolutely no regrets. None.

Jun 29, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #95,421 of 149,297
Jun 29, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #95,422 of 149,297
I'll defer and certainly did not say I was the expert. Just citing what I'd seen and what I've read from others regarding what their amps mfg stated. You are correct that it may be, as I stated, a design variable (SET) where this applies and not applicable to all tube amps. I personally prefer to err on the side of caution and have no reason to have an amp on for extended periods without anything connected, but that's just my OCD showing. I appreciate you setting the record straight. I'm sure @Zachik will sleep better tonight. :D
If for no other reason than the power consumption, I don't plan to have this thing running idly much if at all.

Jun 29, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #95,423 of 149,297
"Wild West" by Lissie

The transients I get with the Tyrs, especially for the kick drum, still blows my mind. I've had them for three months, yet they still surprise me almost every night with how fantastic they sound.

They were a vanity purchase, but I have absolutely no regrets. None.
You thought it was a vanity purchase until the Tyr's grabbed you by the voice coils. :smiley_cat:

Jun 29, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #95,424 of 149,297
They state their brand goal is "To bring love and peace to the world." Has to be a scam. Nobody does that anymore. :jecklinsmile:
If that were true, they'd be giving everything away for free....assuming of course that they actually had product to ship. :smirk:

Jun 29, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #95,425 of 149,297
Space would not be a problem for a FOLKVANGR on my recently constructed rack, if I move things around a little bit. It would look really great on the top shelf.

My real problem is getting it into France ... shipping, import duty, import handling fees and VAT.

IMG_0401.jpeg

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #95,426 of 149,297
Noooooo, they're gone! 😭

out-of-stock.png

Kidding...just a little HTML edit to tease ya'. The question is: how did that screenshot make you feel? Did your heart sink down to your stomach? FOMO? YOLO? Well, there's no time like the present! To anyone on the fence - break open your wallets and go for it! :money_with_wings:

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #95,427 of 149,297
Noooooo, they're gone! 😭

out-of-stock.png

Kidding...just a little HTML edit to tease ya'. The question is: how did that screenshot make you feel? Did your heart sink down to your stomach? FOMO? YOLO? Well, there's no time like the present! To anyone on the fence - break open your wallets and go for it! :money_with_wings:

Relief...!!! 🤣

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #95,428 of 149,297
Noooooo, they're gone! 😭

out-of-stock.png

You're a bad person. :ksc75smile:

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #95,429 of 149,297
Noooooo, they're gone! 😭

out-of-stock.png

I was thinking, “That’s a lot quicker than I thought”. My opinion is the FV will sell out after the reviews roll in (assuming they are positive). The number of people willing to risk almost $2k on a tube amp unheard and un-reviewed is pretty small.

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #95,430 of 149,297
Scarf!!! Geez - can't you tell the difference between a handkerchief and a scarf?! :rolling_eyes:
My bust. But isn’t a scarf just a handkerchief you wrap around your neck to be closer to the point of use? :smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back