Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #86,072 of 152,900

“I don’t know the difference between a hippie and a hipster but, it’s fun to watch either one of them get beat up.”​

Norm MacDonald

(just a joke, not my personal belief.. :ksc75smile:)
lol I needed that :L3000:

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #86,075 of 152,900
At one time, I had a mono album of Magical Mystery Tour. Long gone now.
Very nice, I always tried to have decent turntables but my early records are not in the best condition, especially Beatles 45’s.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #86,077 of 152,900
For analog video interfaces (e.g. NTSC, PAL, S-Video, YPbPr, RGB, 15-pin VGA) the calibration may change as the selected video resolution / frame rate does (dependent on bandwidth of source, display, and any intermediate components such as a multi-channel AV receiver).
I have over 500 films on laser disc, including "Song of the South" and all three original, untouched-up Star Wars films, "The Egyptian", several Criterion Editions and more. I am a fan of film. Of late the films of Veronica Lake appeal to me and of course I have "I Married A Witch" and "Sullivan's Travels". But...

Enough talk and back to reading. Be well.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #86,078 of 152,900
Among the victims of the experiments your little brother did with the acetone your dad left out one day?
Lol I was the youngest brother, now my little sister may have played some of the 45’s on her record player. 😜 We had a library where we kept such things and we all had access.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #86,079 of 152,900
Lol I was the youngest brother, now my little sister may have played some of the 45’s on her record player. 😜 We had a library where we kept such things and we all had access. By the time I was in the second or third grade I had read all the books there including older siblings text books, a couple sets of encyclopedias and what were considered to be the great works of world literature.

and yet you're so modest. and humble.

:)
JC

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #86,080 of 152,900
and yet you're so modest. and humble.

:)
JC
Sorry I did not mean to come off that way, I will delete part of the post. There were also plenty of Hardy Boys and Edgar Rice Burroughs novels if that helps. :) Music, literature and art were all parts of my early upbringing. I worked to provide my kids the same opportunities.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #86,081 of 152,900
Your pins are showing. :laughing:

Vali and Frank.jpg
And the tube's ever so slightly not perpendicular. Me? I have socket savers re-installed on my Valhalla 2. I wonder why they're all off on different angles the next day... and then I look at my nocturnal pests (cats). "Round things roll"... at least the little stupids haven't figured out how to unplug 'em and cause Daddy's Little Sylvanias (JAN 6922, matching tubes) to bounce off the hardwood floor. I'm re-discovering how enjoyable my rig can sound (Valhalla + stock power tubes + JAN6922 + Drop HD6xx).

[Modi Multibit] + [Vali 2 ...or... Magni 2.x] = is a mighty fine pairing, eh. :)

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #86,082 of 152,900
@Jason Stoddard
When you get back to Texas!
Relax with this!

1639581251243.png

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #86,083 of 152,900
We used to get more tornadoes where I grew up in downstate Illinois. Here there is a road on the south side of Indianapolis that gets hit pretty hard. Luckily no trees down on my properties here. Maybe the lack of leaves helps. My daughter just reported that one neighbors trampoline is in another neighbors tree.
I'm pretty certain more aged Ash trees came down on our woodlot up on the Bruce Peninsula (those TN & Ill storms tend to affect us on Lake Huron too). More widow makers are undoubtedly present. :triportsad: To my sister/brother weekend forestry-warriors... be careful out there and look up!

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #86,084 of 152,900
Sorry I did not mean to come off that way, I will delete part of the post. There were also plenty of Hardy Boys and Edgar Rice Burroughs novels if that helps. :) Music, literature and art were all parts of my early upbringing. I worked to provide my kids the same opportunities.

I've read plenty of Hardy Boys and Edgar Rice Burroughs too (and Robert E. Howard). Nothing wrong in that. I've also read through the World Book encyclopedias as well. I sometimes feel they were a better education than school...! :laughing:

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #86,085 of 152,900
I've read plenty of Hardy Boys and Edgar Rice Burroughs too (and Robert E. Howard). Nothing wrong in that. I've also read through the World Book encyclopedias as well. I sometimes feel they were a better education than school...! :laughing:
I read the World Book, but often preferred Funk & Wagnall's. I didn't hit the Britannica until Jr. High. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back