Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 15, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #86,101 of 155,135
I've also read through the World Book encyclopedias as well. I sometimes feel they were a better education than school...! :laughing:
Ah, that brings back great memories. I was SO into reading the World Book encyclopedias. I can remember how excited I used to be when the annual World Book Year Book update would come. You couldn't take it from me - I somehow thought I was the only person in the house that was supposed to use it. :D

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #86,102 of 155,135
1/2 hour :) assuming the worm didn't stop to read the signature on the first page.... question: exactly how *did* the worm "start" at page one?? you are obviously an evil mean person...... :ksc75smile:
I did not want to make the question too long and I could not think of an easy way to say think in nothing smaller than a quarter inch lol. This is a fairly old logic question.

I have also played around with a lot of bar bets. Things like opening a bottle of wine with a shoe, and drinking three large glasses of beer before someone else could drink three smaller ones. I hate to use 12 oz glasses compared to shot glasses since I might lose. :ksc75smile:

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #86,104 of 155,135
I did not want to make the question too long and I could not think of an easy way to say think in nothing smaller than a quarter inch lol. This is a fairly old logic question.

I have also played around with a lot of bar bets. Things like opening a bottle of wine with a shoe, and drinking three large glasses of beer before someone else could drink three smaller ones. I hate to use 12 oz glasses compared to shot glasses since I might lose. :ksc75smile:
A favorite climbing guide, Kiira loves putting out a brain teaser at the start - my all time favorite (probably because I solved it after 3 days):

Two penguins are in a canoe in the middle of the sahara desert. One says "Where's a paddle?" The other says "Sure Does."

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #86,106 of 155,135
A favorite climbing guide, Kiira loves putting out a brain teaser at the start - my all time favorite (probably because I solved it after 3 days):

Two penguins are in a canoe in the middle of the sahara desert. One says "Where's a paddle?" The other says "Sure Does."
The sand wears a paddle?

Since few words are involved I figured one must be a homophone thus a different meaning from a similar sounding word.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #86,107 of 155,135

Attachments

• 220px-Fritz_the_Cat_(film).jpg
    220px-Fritz_the_Cat_(film).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 15, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #86,108 of 155,135
Dec 15, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #86,110 of 155,135
LOL - you got it - of course told verbally you can't know if it's where's, or wears....
Oh it can be made to sound like a question😜
My wife and I often do word games and famous quotes on long trips. As I recall the shortest poem is entitled “Fleas” and goes…

Adam
Had ‘em

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #86,112 of 155,135
Sorry to interrupt the daily programming but I just wanted to tell you my story of "justifying the need for new Schiit". I have no real reason whatsoever to own a Loki Max but it looks SO COOL!! I mean the only separate Amp and DAC I have right now is the Jotenheim 2 and Bifrost 2 and I have the Lokius for them...so, no need, right?...right...?

I have two DAC/Amp combos; a Burson Conductor 3XR and a Audio-gd R-28 (PLEEEESE Mike don't hit me but the resistor ladder is sounding really sweet). And suddenly I got a wild idea to see if I could run DAC out to the Lokius and back in to the Amp on the Audio-gd. So far, I hear music, don't smell smoke, and the Lokius does change the frequency response on my Empy (with Elite pads). Weird I know but hey, I like the sound. Rockin' to some old ELO, "Kuiama."

I guess I got an excuse for that Loki Max (so I can put my Lokius back where it belongs:wink:)... But, if someone thinks it's a bad idea to route the signal this way please let me know. Thanks!
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #86,113 of 155,135
Playing with the Lokius and the Audio-gd R28 is making me anxious to hear what the Loki Max has to offer (est Monday delivery). It's pulling layers and detail out of the music that tend remain in the background without being noticed.
I've got a few cans to try it with:
The previously mentioned Empyrean with every Empyrean Pad as well as the Elite Hybrid Pad which I am really liking
Audeze LCD-XC (2021) modded with Dekoni OG LCD Leather Pads
Audeze LCD-5 (coming soon)

Looking forward to it because so far I really like what I am hearing... Thanks for some good Schiit, Jason!
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

We now continue with todays program already in progress...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back