Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 18, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #75,316 of 150,727
So just to comment on the latest Schiit livestream.

Am I the only one who found Dave's utterly charming uselessness utterly endearing?

You have to admire a company that will put a gent who is clearly and extremely introverted, front and center in a fairly high profile global video...

I've read the Schiit Happened book, and Dave has obviously been a key player, and one of Schiits's oldest employees, in the growth of this company...but wow, just wow...

I'm still struggling to figure out whether moves like this are a sign of Schiit's authenticity, or whether these guys are playing a next level game of internet manipulation. I favor the former, but can't discount the later.

Dave...I love you man, keep being you.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #75,317 of 150,727
A picture without the fronts too please?

Only need a bigger TV mounted on the wall anymore. And more Schiit. And the money to buy all of that.

D65181C8-82F1-4899-AC21-AF691E64CB22.jpeg

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #75,318 of 150,727
I'm of Sicilian ancestry but have to admit to preferring Neapolitan pizza. Pineapple is okay if it's combined with grilled chicken or Capicola.

And grappa kinda is moonshine. :wink: I came to that conclusion after being fed a flight of different ones by Tom Verdillo at his restaurant Tommaso in Bensonhurst. He passed away recently from Covid-19, may he R.I.P. A wonderful man with a fantastic restaurant. The wine list was fantastic too as he was friends with Lou Iacucci (also R.I.P.), owner of Goldstar Wines and the first large scale importer of high quality Italian wines into the US. My wine education mostly came from Lou's store and several of his employees who held regular tastings and with whom I became friends. Italian red wines have been my favorites ever since then. I miss NY family restaurants.

Sorry for the off topic post: back to audio.
The pizza and wine is more on topic 'round here :)

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #75,319 of 150,727
Let me warn you kids: after you get past a certain age, a morning beer simply guarantees an afternoon nap.
Another warning: it has been scientif-if-if-caly established that after drinking 100,000 alcoholic drinks, you will suffer permanent brain damage.
I'm saving numbers 99,990 to 99,999 for special occasions.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #75,320 of 150,727
Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #75,322 of 150,727
is the output voltage still only 1.4v on schiits dac cards?

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #75,323 of 150,727
So just to comment on the latest Schiit livestream.

Am I the only one who found Dave's utterly charming uselessness utterly endearing?

You have to admire a company that will put a gent who is clearly and extremely introverted, front and center in a fairly high profile global video...

I've read the Schiit Happened book, and Dave has obviously been a key player, and one of Schiits's oldest employees, in the growth of this company...but wow, just wow...

I'm still struggling to figure out whether moves like this are a sign of Schiit's authenticity, or whether these guys are playing a next level game of internet manipulation. I favor the former, but can't discount the later.

Dave...I love you man, keep being you.
Dave is clearly an introvert (if not shy) person (at least in front of a camera). A perfect second man in a team with Mike I think. Two people as opinionated and vocal as Mike in one room would probably not work well (certainly not for 40 years). I am glad he wanted to join Mike. And I am sure that if he had a different opinion on anything he would have said so.

And lets be honest, someone has to do the work when Mike gets distracted by listening to music again :wink:

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #75,324 of 150,727
Only need a bigger TV mounted on the wall anymore. And more Schiit. And the money to buy all of that.

Aand...
If you use only one sub.
Symphonically it has to be between the tv-cupboard and the right speaker.
Just turn the whole mirror wise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back