Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 18, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #75,332 of 150,900
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #75,336 of 150,900
I had a pair of those subs in an earlier system and room. I didn't use DSP, but instead I figured out wavelength at the crossover frequency by comparing frequency response curves (I know, I know, wavelength depends on air temperature and humidity, but Northern California is relatively easy to manage that way and this was just approximate anyway) and placed them relative to the main speakers (KEF Ref 1s) so that they'd be in phase at that frequency. It worked surprisingly well. In fact, memory of that old system is still my benchmark, although the rooms I have speaker systems in these days are a lot trickier and I depend on DSP room correction to get comparable or better results.

For my ears stereo subs located close to the mains are required to make the crossover frequencies sound good.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #75,337 of 150,900
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #75,338 of 150,900
Ah, I don't like listening to those. What time is the comment made, or what did he say?

Sorry, I don't remember the exact time. But Mike casually dropped the bomb that they were working on new Yggy analog cards. As in plural. Mike liked one version, while Dave liked another. Though, the gist was new boards were coming soon for the Yggdrasil.

A shame that the Gungnir doesn't get the same treatment...! :rolling_eyes:

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #75,340 of 150,900
So it's just Mike talking. Not an "announcement." He's working on lots of things that may or may not ever see the light of day. Don't get overly excited, folks.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #75,341 of 150,900
So it's just Mike talking. Not an "announcement." He's working on lots of things that may or may not ever see the light of day. Don't get overly excited, folks.
They did expound on it with different flavors, but I know it is not going to make be leave Yggy backorder in hopes of a flavor that might be better for my tastes being 'soon(tm)'.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #75,342 of 150,900
A shame that the Gungnir doesn't get the same treatment...!
Who says it's not? But I do know that Yggdrasil is FAR easier to work on than is Gungnir.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #75,345 of 150,900
What is "Autonomy"?

Biifrost's upgrade capability

Autonomy™ Architecture: Easy Street to the Future

Turn Bifrost 2 around, and you’ll see that this DAC is completely modular. Not only that, the modules are designed to slide in from the back of the chassis, meaning this DAC will never have to come back to Schiit for upgrades—you can do it yourself. Firmware updates? Sure, if there are firmware updates, just use the external MicroSD card slot—again, no need for it to come home. Compare this to other DACs, even DACs costing many times more. Only Bifrost 2 provides complete hardware and firmware upgradability, without sending the product in for service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back