Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 3, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #74,612 of 149,294
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-2-closed.884076/post-16270438

Loki Max board pic here, haven't seen it on this thread personally.
That's some serious Schiit...! :astonished:
1617196499806.png

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #74,613 of 149,294
Hey all, quick update: this week we shipped over 1750 products from Corpus Christi. This is with only two products in production here, and a somewhat slim week since PCB shipments were delayed. Once all products and product variations are in-house here, that number is going to get a lot bigger. Oh, and yes, shipments this week include distributor orders.

Here's Alex on Friday.

IMG_1459.jpeg
IMG_1462.jpeg

Here's the outside of the building, about a month ago when everything was dead from the Big Freeze. It's the first building we have a sign on!

IMG_1348.jpeg

And here's my workspace, looking thru to sound check, Alex's office, and shipping, also about a month ago. I'll take some more photos this week since we're 100% up and running.

IMG_1366.jpeg

Next up: Fulla, Hel, Vali, and Loki Mini...probably in that order.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 3, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #74,614 of 149,294
A 2A charger will be fine. Hel 2 peaks out at about 1.7A from the charger, so anything above that won't affect power output.

Edit: That's also why it doesn't work from a computer USB port. Good luck getting 1.7A out of that!

Edit to the edit: and the charger we ship is universal voltage, so if a plug adapter is available, it can be run on 220-240V just fine.

Thanks for the direct reply :) Might be a nice addition to your FAQ on your webpage! I am sure someone can think of something funny there :)

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #74,616 of 149,294
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #74,619 of 149,294
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued; eight (8) weeks later.
More of the same except:

Just as we are getting into the next order of things.
- Patio weather arriving.
- Garden and yard task.
- Us, family and friends vaccinated.
- Maybe an overnight visit/trip.
- Consulting job(s) starting up. One is an opportunity to work with an 80 MW solar farm project.

I started feeling bad, not covid bad, asthma, sinus and chest bad (my normal stuff). Getting a good breath progressively worsened. Normal meds and actions did not help.
Appointment with the Asthma Doctor went quickly from “your breathing is bad" to "your day is going to go down hill”.
Sent to a clinic for EKG. Told to go to Emergency Room directly (2 blocks by car) or they would call an ambulance. Spent next four (4) days in hospital.
I now have Persistent atrial fibrillation and some other stuff.
Three weeks of treatment, a follow up Cardiologist visit and now impending Cardioversion.
Life changes quick, Fun being “old and busted”.

Meanwhile my very cute (1 & 1/2 year old) granddaughter is magnificent. Still safe and sound in the UK.

Keeping up with this forum is a great pastime.
Have not felt like listening to much music or doing much of anything other than resting, watching TV/Youtube and helping with cooking & clean up.
Eating more "right" (even though we cook and eat mostly good anyway). Booze, caffeine, other pleasures stopped. This will moderate soon?

Schiit purchase list is modified. Now = Loki + and Vali 2+ on top with another Modi MB, Lyr 3 and the transport following along.
Making notes of music I should acquire, lots of ideas from here. Thank you.
Hoping most of the medical cost are covered :wink:

Jason you guys are kicking butt and taking names.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #74,620 of 149,294
Schiit N Music
More of the same except:

- Garden and yard task.
- Consulting job(s) starting up. One is an opportunity to work with an 80 MW solar farm project.

I started feeling bad, not covid bad, asthma, sinus and chest bad (my normal stuff). Getting a good breath progressively worsened. Normal meds and actions did not help.
Appointment with the Asthma Doctor went quickly from “your breathing is bad" to "your day is going to go down hill”.
Sent to a clinic for EKG. Told to go to Emergency Room directly (2 blocks by car) or they would call an ambulance. Spent next four (4) days in hospital.
Three weeks of treatment, a follow up Cardiologist visit and now impending Cardioversion.

Meanwhile my very cute (1 & 1/2 year old) granddaughter is magnificent. Still safe and sound in the UK.

Have not felt like listening to much music or doing much of anything other than resting, watching TV/Youtube and helping with cooking & clean up.
Eating more "right" (even though we cook and eat mostly good anyway). Booze, caffeine, other pleasures stopped. This will moderate soon?

Schiit purchase list is modified. Now = Loki + and Vali 2+ on top with another Modi MB, Lyr 3 and the transport following along.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music

Hope you have many good years of music ahead.

Cheers,
JC

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #74,621 of 149,294
The relocation is going nicely. Finally have some room for a home office/mancave. Girlfriend was about to throw away her family’s old turntable rack, but I had a brainwave and decided to repurpose it.

AC67DCAA-7D9A-458B-95EA-C57C15F38C7A.jpeg

No Schiit in the living room yet, but maybe in the future I’ll put together a kickass two channel system based on Schiit.

11D746D0-35C2-4CD8-9A4A-367614DF8FEC.jpeg

Elma guarding her new kingdom.

ED4294A7-18F6-4948-87E9-16E07D11DB6D.jpeg
Congratulations on your new abode. I like the view

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #74,622 of 149,294
Schiit N Music
More of the same except:

- Garden and yard task.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Geez. Sucks, but it is good that it was caught and appropriate steps are taking place. Get to feeling better!! Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #74,624 of 149,294
Schiit N Music
More of the same except:

- Garden and yard task.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
I hope you find better health and better health finds you. Have A Blessed Day !!!

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #74,625 of 149,294
That brings up a famous story though: An OHSE (or rather the Australian equivalent) officer was pulled over by a cop for speeding and given a $160 ticket. As the cop went back to his car, the worker pulled out his camera and took a picture, then went and fined the cop $900 for not wearing his fluorescent safety vest.
Cops in the US are so entitled they'd probably throw a charge of interfering with a police officer in the commission of his duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back