Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 22, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #52,396 of 149,604
Yes. Yes I am, forgot to mention that.:laughing:
You would have my vote as someone who does a remarkable job reviewing product!!

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #52,399 of 149,604
I'm listening.

So, best guess as to how many $$ to add Unison to Yggy GS when it becomes available?
I don't think anyone could know this until the boards are in Jason's hands, but it might be instructive to look at the price ranges for existing upgrades on the web site for a ballpark idea.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #52,401 of 149,604
So when is Vali 3 coming with 6SN7s? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Vali 3 will have 300B's. Oh wait...I meant the Lyr 4. Sorry. The Vali 2 can already do 6SN7's...just get an adapter. So quit distracting Jason. :slight_smile:

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #52,402 of 149,604
Wondering if Jason would way in on how the Raal sounds from the Jotenhiem R compared to say the impedance box from a Vidar? Thinking of picking a Raal up after the new amp comes out. But also considering a Vidar for my modest speaker set up. It could do double duty with the Raal.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #52,403 of 149,604
Curious, what type of warranty does the Magni SE have? I looked and didn't find it on that page.

Same as the standard Magni 3.

Wondering if Jason would way in on how the Raal sounds from the Jotenhiem R compared to say the impedance box from a Vidar? Thinking of picking a Raal up after the new amp comes out. But also considering a Vidar for my modest speaker set up. It could do double duty with the Raal.

You'll be hearing some more about Jotunheim R sounds soon, we're sending out a handful of "production qualifiers." These should be the same as production, but they have a couple of board errors (switches work backwards, LOL). Personally, I like the Jotunheim R, but it won't drive speakers, and Vidar will. So there you go.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 22, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #52,404 of 149,604

You'll be hearing some more about Jotunheim R sounds soon, we're sending out a handful of "production qualifiers." These should be the same as production, but they have a couple of board errors (switches work backwards, LOL). Personally, I like the Jotunheim R, but it won't drive speakers, and Vidar will. So there you go.
I may get an opportunity to piggyback listen to one of these! Very excited! I’m enjoying my dual mono Vidars with the RAALs but the “portability” of the Jotunheim R has me excited!

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #52,405 of 149,604

don't you do the PCB layout personally? :wink:

seriously, though, very glad to hear that you are developing and releasing Jotunheim R. looking for TOTL (endgame, if there is such a thing???) headphone / amp system to improve on K702 / Asgard2 setup...wallet is saying ouch already

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #52,407 of 149,604
Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #52,408 of 149,604
Yep, lots of little changes!

1. Jil is gone, officially.
2. Products that are on their way out are in a new "last call" section at reduced price.
3. JJs have taken over from Tung-Sols as the tubes of choice for the new preamps. In our experience, they are more consistent, sound better, and have better availability. Sorry for the Tung-Sol fans out there, but the JJs won after lots of internal testing.

Argh. I really wanted a Jil to replace my Behringer.

So, @Jason Stoddard

What are the chances we might get a Schiit version of the GAIN system Mike developed for Mobile Fidelity?

His current multibit DACs are designed essentially as the reverse of that system. It would be amazing if we had a multibit ADC to record our LPs, tapes, live shows, etc. with, then be able to play them back on a mirror image device.

Jil is dead.

Long live Jil 2!

Please?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #52,409 of 149,604
Had an idea for a cool Schiit product - The Schiit stack carrying case

I have a fulla 2, but want to upgrade to a magni/modi-multibit and loki. The problem is that I would need to haul that stack to and from work everyday to get the benefit in both places and the though of dumping everything in my back pack scares me. A schiit stack carrying case (with maybe a thrown in chtulu to minimize power supplies) would be pretty sweet.

Anywho, just a thought. Keep up the good work, btw...the Yggdrasil GS has me wanting to put off buying tires and a new dish washer....oh boy.

Here's a good way of connectiing the small schitt stack

https://introprose.myshopify.com/products/rca-crossconnect-for-schiit-stack

EDIT : Looking further, this option might stick out a bit far for a portable rig. But there are 90 degree RCA connections, that could reduce the amount of depth for the total rig

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back