Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 19, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #52,276 of 151,096
From WikiPedia:

In political theory and theology, to immanentize the eschaton means trying to bring about the eschaton (the final, heaven-like stage of history) in the immanent world. In all these contexts it means "trying to make that which belongs to the afterlife happen here and now (on Earth)".

Check your Principia Discordia. :spy:
Certainly feels like the Great (Greatest, Best Ever) Tribulation is starting :scream:

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #52,279 of 151,096
Now that the OG Sagas are gone, Saga+ is picking up nicely. At the same time, Freya S is slowing down. Which is weird, because I think it’s a spectacular sounding preamp.

Good to hear! I have the original Saga and in my opinion that preamp has to be one of the all-time best buys in the audio world. Rolling tubes is fun too!

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #52,280 of 151,096
I use Sonore Ultrarendu and Elac Discovery players. To each his own.

I stole a brand new ELAC Discovery player on eBay for $564. It was sealed and from a vendor that sells a bunch of electronics and evidently didn't much care what it was. I like it so far and need other endpoints. The Roon Essentials app will not stream to Chromecast Audio. Apparently it's a known and designed limitation. I would like something that is even more versatile as it's locked down to Tidal and won't stream to everything.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #52,281 of 151,096
I stole a brand new ELAC Discovery player on eBay for $564. It was sealed and from a vendor that sells a bunch of electronics and evidently didn't much care what it was. I like it so far and need other endpoints. The Roon Essentials app will not stream to Chromecast Audio. Apparently it's a known and designed limitation. I would like something that is even more versatile as it's locked down to Tidal and won't stream to everything.

They are on Amazon currently for $499...

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #52,282 of 151,096
They are on Amazon currently for $499...

Funny. I guess they aren't long for this world. So I guess music servers are a few thousand dollars, huh? So I can get that Discovery music server for $499 and an endpoint from Sonos is $400 and that's "you get what you pay for"? Seems like endpoints can be a lot less money.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #52,283 of 151,096
Funny. I guess they aren't long for this world. So I guess music servers are a few thousand dollars, huh? So I can get that Discovery music server for $499 and an endpoint from Sonos is $400 and that's "you get what you pay for"? Seems like endpoints can be a lot less money.

I was going to grab one until I saw it has a 30,000 file limit, I'm currently under that, but I should surpass it in the next year or so...

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #52,284 of 151,096
O yeah. I picked that up living in the Middle East for about 5 years now. But only now and then. It's mightily unhealthy.

I like the pita and olive oil and tabouli / hummus and several other things but the kibbeh nayeh is just a bit too far. I ate it once but, like raw tuna in sushi, "I don't NEED to eat that". In my opinion, that ground beef needs to be formed up into some burgers over charcoal.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #52,285 of 151,096
I was going to grab one until I saw it has a 30,000 file limit, I'm currently under that, but I should surpass it in the next year or so...

I saw that too and am happy I don't need more than 30,000 tracks to get the job done. I don't expect I'll ever have more than 30,000 tracks I "must" stream from a file vs something like Tidal. My F1-fiddy truck also won't do 160mph. (It will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds with a tune, twin turbo ya'll). That is also not an issue for me.

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #52,287 of 151,096
My methods generally involve single malts from Scotland.
As do mine, and yet sometimes I like to wander through Kentucky as well...

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #52,288 of 151,096
I saw that too and am happy I don't need more than 30,000 tracks to get the job done. I don't expect I'll ever have more than 30,000 tracks I "must" stream from a file vs something like Tidal. My F1-fiddy truck also won't do 160mph. (It will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds with a tune, twin turbo ya'll). That is also not an issue for me.
That file limit is the prime reason that I’m still using Squeezebox Server. Still tempted by Roon, though...

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #52,289 of 151,096
I was interested until I saw that it has a trimmed-down version of Roon called "Roon Essentials" which misses a lot of the newer Roon features, misses Qobuz streaming, and in general doesn't seem to get any updates.

If I choose for Roon, I will want to get the full experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back