Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 10, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #46,366 of 151,243
Did Jason give any hint on that or is only you wishing it to happen?

IIRC, Jason has said:

- A new iteration of Asgard would require such a drastic amount of changes that it would end being an entirely new product, to the point it would deserve even a new name.
- Schiit is not going to make another Class A amp again, although right now I can't remember if he was talking about power amps only or headphone amps are included in that statement too.

My crystal ball says that over the next year or two that they will release a new headphone amp in the $200 to $250 range, one in the $300 to $350 range and one in the $800 to $850.

Amazing I know:deadhorse:

It also says they are always working improving the existing line as well as working on new stuff.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #46,367 of 151,243
I also want to chime in this Roon conversation:

I tried the free trial and I couldnt justify paying 500 for it. Dont think Im cheap or I cant afford it. Its just that for my usage and preferences (meaning I dont care much about the album cover dispay) the recommendations feature (which I also thing that is basic and doesnt have a wow factor) are not worth the 500 price tag.

So I just went with Audirvana. Sound quality is the same to me.

Lastly, if youre a Roon user be happy, if youre not a Roon user let the Roon users be happy. Lol.

May 10, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #46,368 of 151,243
I also want to chime in this Roon conversation:

I tried the free trial and I couldnt justify paying 500 for it. Dont think Im cheap or I cant afford it. Its just that for my usage and preferences (meaning I dont care much about the album cover dispay) the recommendations feature (which I also thing that is basic and doesnt have a wow factor) are not worth the 500 price tag.

So I just went with Audirvana. Sound quality is the same to me.

Lastly, if youre a Roon user be happy, if youre not a Roon user let the Roon users be happy. Lol.
Frankly, I'm offended by this "live and let live" attitude. What is the world coming to if people don't frown upon those who don't spend their money like they do?

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #46,369 of 151,243
I use Roon. I've had for a few months along with Qobuz and my file library. I have two zones currently in my place setup. It is sublime. Is it worth it? For me, yes. Absolutely yes. It makes organizing so simple. The scraper it uses to pull in artist info and tie in all your libraries is super great. My music player in my main system supports Qobuz natively so I don't need Roon but the Roon interface is that much better it is worth the 10 bucks a month for me for now. It's just easy. Will I do the lifetime thing? Probably. If you have just a single zone, it might be a tad overkill but it's still great and just makes life easier.

May 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #46,372 of 151,243
Well, my memory isnt great, but Schiit is replacing now the expensive line of products and already replaced Modi and Lyr.
After Jason asked here about Asgard 3 possibility, and after said probably this year will be anounced more products than last ones, i suspected something in that segment/price range would be anounced. Who knows!? ansking wont kill nobody :D

It seems my memory is way worse than yours, cause I didn't remember that :D

May 10, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #46,373 of 151,243
May 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #46,374 of 151,243
Frankly, I'm offended by this "live and let live" attitude. What is the world coming to if people don't frown upon those who don't spend their money like they do?
Haha, ofcourse you spend like what you want. Also, for people who have too much money they can waste. I was talking for the people who are like me. I do not have excess money to waste; but if it adds value, I will do it. I was trying to understand what people thought about that. :D :D I am sure most of the people in Schiit thread at least are like that. :D

May 10, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #46,375 of 151,243
Haha, ofcourse you spend like what you want. Also, for people who have too much money they can waste. I was talking for the people who are like me. I do not have excess money to waste; but if it adds value, I will do it. I was trying to understand what people thought about that. :D :D I am sure most of the people in Schiit thread at least are like that. :D
To me it greatly depends whether I listen to music in one spot or have multiple “listening stations”. I bought (1) Audirvana license when I was simply a computer based listener, but as more places came into play, like my 2 channel system, and I got really tired of relying on the Qobuz app and having to get up to make any addition/changes to what I was listening, well, Roon became the obvious answer.

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #46,376 of 151,243

What adds value for you is probably different than what adds value for me or many other people. As popular as Roon is, you might want to consider that not everyone but you is stupid or likes to waste money. That is an arrogant position to take.

I have 3 distinct listening locations, setup as Roon zones, and I can see adding a few more. Roon's interface is WAY better than Audirvana which I also own. It is also much more flexible and works much better with Tidal and Qobuz. With Audirvana I can play music. With Roon and can experience music by playing it and by easily exploring music not in my library.

May 10, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #46,377 of 151,243
All this hubbub about Roon makes me want to give it a try.

I like how you can roll one years service into the lifetime membership. If you use it and see the benefits to you, 500 dollars for life is an incredible value. How many here would buy a lifetime Prime membership or lifetime Netflix membership were it available. I would, I don't need either service, but I value them.

May 10, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #46,378 of 151,243

I like how you can roll one years service into the lifetime membership. If you use it and see the benefits to you, 500 dollars for life is an incredible value. How many here would buy a lifetime Prime membership or lifetime Netflix membership were it available. I would, I don't need either service, but I value them.
If they guarantee a minimum lifetime as well it would be great.

May 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #46,379 of 151,243

I knew before my trial subscription was up that I was going to buy the Roon lifetime license. I have it for almost 3 years and I am still very happy with it. I invested in a sonicTransporter i5 and HQPlayer Embedded to go along with an ultraRendu. The sound quality is fantastic and it is simple and reliable to use.

May 10, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #46,380 of 151,243
Prototype of the "Schiit Hel" spotted at High End 2019 in Munich (driving the new Audeze LCD-GX):

20190510_223749.jpg

20190510_223815.jpg

20190510_223843.jpg

Looks like a bigger Fulla 2 with a microphone input and a 3D printed top.

Edit: Hell => Hel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back