Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 28, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #43,382 of 150,555
I recently posted opinion about technical information and also some tips about analog systems .... and i receive some complains. Then i think about it and prefer to only post about schiit and if i need some help about it.

But i already see the new posts (also from people that sended advices to me) ... and i check historic posts ... and now i think that all was a joke, right? Or you guys are crazy?

Mmmm ... Maybe i must go out from this thread, too much complicated for me.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #43,385 of 150,555
I recently posted opinion about technical information and also some tips about analog systems .... and i receive some complains. Then i think about it and prefer to only post about schiit and if i need some help about it.

But i already see the new posts (also from people that sended advices to me) ... and i check historic posts ... and now i think that all was a joke, right? Or you guys are crazy?

Far too many cats, that's for sure.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #43,386 of 150,555

This thread has many different personalities and opinions. It's inevitable to get negative feedback, but sorry you are discouraged. From my point of view your posts are welcome. Keep on keeping on. The only way to avoid negative feedback is to never post.

Why not both?

+1, I concur.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #43,387 of 150,555

Why not both?

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #43,389 of 150,555
Jan 28, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #43,390 of 150,555
Jan 28, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #43,391 of 150,555
Brimar UK is trying to re establish Valve Production in the UK. They apparently have partially refurbished a grid winding machine and are in the rather slow process of getting a factory up and running.

The video of the test run of the winding machine is below

Fascinating, good to see another manufacturer here. But it's questionable if anyone will ever capture the magic of the valves from yesterday, especially since some of those processes and or materials maybe not be available or even legal in this day and age.

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #43,392 of 150,555

I enjoy your posts. Don't worry about some negative ratings. Can't please everyone.

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #43,393 of 150,555
This thread has many different personalities and opinions. It's inevitable to get negative feedback, but sorry you are discouraged. From my point of view your posts are welcome. Keep on keeping on. The only way to avoid negative feedback is to never post...... {snip}........+1, I concur.

I try to follow the "don't be a dick" motto.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #43,395 of 150,555
How are my fellow Lake Huronians digging out of Saturday’s snow-sqall? I got our 4WD stuck twice: once I learned how to shovel out a stuck Tacoma; the second time, I learned how to meet my neighbours... and have their truck, pull my truck out of a ditch.

I was able to return the favour shorly after... when my neighbour got stuck in a snow bank. :flag_ca:

Having lived several winters in Fairbanks, AK (I saw -50F absolute not wind chill many times), I can sympathize with your getting stuck in the snow (happened to me a couple of times on the Fort, one time road being too narrow for me and the fire truck heading the other way). I always rolled with a tow strap amongst lots of other emergency gear in my Subaru or other vehicle.

Hopefully this doesn't go "political" but I'm of the drive slower (with studs where legal) and get there mentality when the weather gets bad (like the front coming in now here in the US) or further from help. In Alaska those lacking in common sense tend to end up dead from either the weather or the wildlife. In my opinion driving from Fairbanks to Anchorage (6 hours in the summer) or back to the lower 48 via Canada (days in summer) is only for the very prepared or the dumb in winter (and logistically very difficult due to many gas stations and hotels closing for the winter along the ALCAN). The further you are from town the more time before you can expect someone to come across you to render aid (which is almost a universal value in Alaska). I drove to and from Alaska via Canada (during summers) and got to see a large part of your beautiful country (I've driven through most of the major Canadian cities between Winnipeg and Vancouver.

A friend of questionable judgement drove a two wheel drive Mitsubishi to Anchorage in the winter and totaled his car only a couple "summer hours" drive from Fairbanks when he was blown into guardrails on both sides of his car in serpentine road pass near Denali. He also liked to day trade Russian Telecom Stocks with borrowed (bank) money (Three high risk investment tactics that synergistically led him to losing his shirt). I attempted to explain to him why his investment method was unsound but some people just don't listen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back